Chapter 32

Liam 

As soon as Blake left for school I got out of my bed, I needed to go to the trailer park, Vince has been harassing me since the 'incident'. 

Getting dressed was a nightmare, my wound was hurting me and every move was a suffering but eventually I managed to put my shirt and my jeans on. I grabbed my key and slowly made my way to my car. 

"Well, well... Look who's here." Vince stared at me as soon as he saw me walk towards him.  "who shot you? Is it one of Pablo's men?" 

"No, it was one of my client's father." I stated coldly. 

"How the hell did he find you?!"

"I don't know."

"It can't happen again Liam, you need to be more careful. Especially after what happened here."

"Have we lost men?"

"Less than them but that's not the point. If you had been here to help us, Pablo would probably be dead and buried by now."

"Oh yeah, I'm sorry, I was too busy swimming in a pool of my own blood."

"Don't get smart with me Liam. I need you 100% with me, and don't forget I still can have a little conversation with your "friend" Blake." 

"Leave her out of this!" I warned him. I could feel my blood boil inside of me. "You know I'm loyal, I will never betray you but I swear Vince, if you lay a finger on her, I will kill you."

"As long as you do what I want, nothing will happen to her. Remember that Liam." ANd with that he turned his back on me and left. 

I clenched my fists, if only I could get rid of him, if only I could leave this fucking gang. But I know this is not possible, the only way to leave is to die. Everyone knows that. 

I went to bed as soon as I got home, my wound was making me suffer and I needed to rest before going out with Blake tonight. 

Blake...

What am I doing? 

Can I handle this? Can I be a 'boyfriend'? 

Probably not. I've never done this before. 

Girls were just for fun. 

Until Blake came into my life and changed everything... 

I fell asleep, her beautiful face in mind, I should have let her know sooner how I felt about her. 

When I woke up, I felt a little better. 

I dressed up and chose to wear a suit. 

I want to make things right, this is our first date, I don't want her to see me as a loser, I want her to see the real man that hides under all those flaws. Shortly after, the doorbell rang and here she was, waiting outside the door, in a beautiful light pink dress. She had tied up her hair in a ponytail and had put on some make up. 

She's so simple yet so beautiful it takes my breath away. 

She smiled at me shyly as if she didn't know what to say. 

"You should have called me, I would have picked you up." I said.

"It's okay. I don't mind walking."

"Still, next time, I'll pick you up." I insisted. 

I grabbed my jacket and took her hand, leading her to my car. 

"After you Princess." I opened the door and she blushed while she sat down. 

Tonight, my only wish is to make her happy.