Chapter 70

Blake 

"How is she?" Jen asked. 

"I have no idea. Joane doesn't want to see me... But Liam said she'll be going to rehab tomorrow. He said that we can't help her, that she needs professional help."

"He's right." Tom agreed. "She almost died, she can't just go back to her home and go on this way."

"I know." I sighed. "Somehow I feel that all of this could have been avoided had I been there for her... 

"Don't say that." 

"But it's the truth." I interrupted Jen. "She told Liam that she felt so alone..." 

"Look," Tom gently placed his hand on my shoulder, "You had no idea. And you saved her. It's all thanks to you she's still alive. Now she will go to rehab and I'm sure when she comes back home, she will be back to her true self." 

"Yeah, I really hope so." 

The day flew by and all I wanted to do was to go home and sleep. 
Joane was in my mind day and night, I couldn't stop thinking about her and it broke my heart not being able to be here for her. 
Liam picked me up after school and I eagerly jumped in his car. I kissed him before resting my head on the window. 
I stayed silent until I realized we were not heading to Agatha's place. 

"Where are we going?" I asked, frowning. 

"We're leaving for the weekend." A smile appeared on his face. "Our luggage is in the trunk, I hope I did not forget anything while packing your stuff." 

"Where- Where are we going?" I asked, my eyes wide. 

"Miami, baby. It's time we get ourselves a romantic getaway, don't you think?" He winked at me and my heart started beating faster. "Don't worry, I asked Agatha for her permission and I told Tom and Jen that we would not be here for the weekend."

"Oh Liam, I don't know what to say." I bit on my bottom lip. 

"Don't say anything. Just enjoy."

He parked at the airport and we took a flight. We sat down next to each other and I spent most of the time with my eyes closed, my head resting on his shoulder, his hand toying with my hair gently. 

When we landed in Miami, we took a cab and drove to the place Liam had rented.
My eyes widened when we arrived, Liam had found a luxurious cabin that offered a beautiful view of the ocean. The beach was privatized only for us to enjoy and the house was so beautifully decorated. There were two people here that would be at our service for the next days, a butler and a cook. 

"Liam this is so-" I stopped and stared at the walls surrounding me, "So beautiful. It must have cost a fortune, you didn't need to-"

"Shhh..." He placed his index finger on my lips to stop me from speaking. "It's my pleasure, Blake. I think we both deserve this little escapade far away from our problems. It's just you and I for the weekend. No gang, no Agatha, no worries." 

"This is so perfect... You are perfect." My lips collapsed against his and to this day I still wonder why I got so lucky to have found him. 

On our first night, we simply enjoyed the beach and had dinner at our place. The rain was pouring outside making everything even more romantic. 
On Saturday, the sun was back and we visited the city. We had lunch in a fancy restaurant and went shopping afterward. We headed home around 4 and went swimming just in front of the house, and I think it was the happiest day in my entire life.