Chapter 1

Darkness.

That's what my life is made of.

That's what my life is about.

My mother, she called me Blake. She said it reminds her of the color, Black. 

She always says that I ruined her life, that she never wanted me, that I brought darkness into her life.

She came from a good and respected family. But she didn't care about school, she liked to party with her friends and her parents let her do that.

Until she got pregnant.

She was 15 and her parents expected her to get an abortion. I still wonder why she didn't get rid of me, why she gave birth to me. She always says that she never loved me.

She hates me.

She told her parents that she wanted to keep me, and that's when they kicked her out.

After that, I don't really know what happened.

From what I remember, we lived in a ratty apartment for years, I still remember the smell of dust and our used furniture.

She worked as a waitress and continued to party with her friends, while she left me alone in our apartment all night long, sometimes on an empty stomach. 

She often brought random guys home and ordered me to stay in my bedroom.

I always obeyed. I loved her, I wanted to please her. 

Until one night, I was too hungry so I went out of the room. That's when I saw a man I had never met before. He stared at me for a while before yelling at my mother.

"Holly Shit you have a daughter?!"

"Yeah", she said confused,  "but don't worry, she's used to staying in her bedroom."

She turned to me and glared at me with such hatred.

"Get out of here! You're not supposed to be here!" She yelled at me.

I looked at her with wide eyes before running into my bedroom. The tears began to flow, I knew I just did something wrong, I knew she was upset. I just wanted to tell her that I was hungry, I just wanted her to make me something to eat...

No longer after the 'incident', I heard the man shouting at her.

"You should have told me!"

Then the door slammed and I heard my mother's footsteps heading to my bedroom. 

She opened the door and stared at me for a while before coming near me.

"What did I tell you?!" she said while pointing a finger at me. "You must never get out of the room while I'm here with my friends!"

"I'm sorry mommy."

"Don't call me that!" She slapped me. "I told you a hundred times to call me mother." She said with a cold voice.

I started to cry loudly. She never showed me love but she never hurt me either. And at that moment, it changed. 

She shook me hard, telling me to stop crying but I couldn't.

I didn't understand why she was so angry, why she didn't love me.

This was the first day she hit me.

I quickly became her punching bag. Hitting me was not a problem anymore. But it's not what hurt the most...

Her words were hurting me even more.