Chapter 16

Liam

You can say last night events really got me mad. Those guys they followed, I know them pretty well as they work for Vince, which means they're under my orders too.

Aldo and Max.

God knows what they would have done to Blake if I didn't come in time. She was stupid to follow her "friend", she should have let her down as soon as she saw these guys.

Luckily she called me, even though I was busy selling drugs to my regular clients. I knew where she was as soon as she mentioned Joane and some party in the woods. She was at the trailer parks. We often organize these kind of "parties", it's our way to forget about our miserable lives for a moment. We chill, we drink, we get high, we have sex. In short, Blake should have never been here.

She doesn't seem to realize that I will not always be here to protect her, that's when it hit me, Blake needs to learn how to defend herself. This way she wouldn't fear her mother, the other girls in school nor anyone else, she would be able to fight back.

So I decided to show up at her place and take her with me to teach her how to fight.

"Where are we? What are we doing here?" She asked as soon as we got into the abandoned warehouse. As usual, she was wearing sweatpants, which actually was perfect for the occasion.

"You must learn how to fight back." I stated. "So, we're here to train."

"Wh- What?!" She stuttered.

"I'm going to teach you how to stand up for yourself."

She cleared her throat. "Hmm, that's very nice of you but... I don't think I can do it." She looked down at her body. "I mean look at me, I'm skinny, I know nothing about fights except that... I always lose."

"Well maybe but, now you can say you have the best teacher." I got her attention back and we started the training.

I started to teach her some defense techniques. We stayed here for hours, she was not very good at it at first but she's a quick learner. I know with practice, she will be able to defend herself and people will stop bothering her at school.

"This is not working." She said wiping her forehead with her hand. "I'm not good at this."

"Do you really think it'd only take a few hours?" I chuckled. "I'll train you as much as possible and with time, you'll learn how to defend yourself."

"God I'm so tired."

"I know. We're done for today don't worry."

*****

Blake

The next day, the way to school was endless, my body was hurting like hell. All my muscles were sore from the training.

Liam was not kidding when he said he was a great teacher, he never let down, no matter how many times I told him I was tired, no matter how many times I wanted to stop, he made me get the most out of myself, though I doubt I'll be able to fight back one day. All my life I've been weak and Liam doesn't seem to see that.

Finally, after an endless walk, I arrived at school and I immediately spotted Jen, in the schoolyard. She walked towards me the second she saw me.

"I'm so sorry Blake... You were right, I should have never followed these guys. I feel so guilty."

"It's ok. We're fine, that's all that matters."

"No. I can be so stupid sometimes. Liam was right, I put both of us in danger, I should have listened to you."