Chapter 3

"Bandages"
"Bangwages"
"Ban-day-ges"
"Ban-dway-ges"
"Close enough"

Dazai doesn't understand how he ended up to this point in his life. From arresting criminals to teaching a four year old how to pronounce words. I guess its.. progress?

_____________________________

2 Hours Earlier

Dazai walked down the streets with little Chuuya in his arms, who was quietly observing everyone around with curious eyes, as if he was seeing things for the first time. He was still wearing the clothes Dazai had found him in.  

'If he's gonna be a chibi for a while, better buy him some clothes'

Dazai held little Chuuya in front of himself and told him "Alright listen here super chibi, I'm going to take you to the mall to buy you some clothes. I need you to behave yourself while we are there, got it? If you run around or touch anything, I will leave you in there. ALONE. Are we clear?"

Chuuya nodded.

"Good"

They entered the mall and Dazai went to the kids section. He looked around puzzled. What has life come to? Buying clothes for a 4 year old. 

'Well, screw this. I don't have a slightest clue what this idiot would like'

"Umm...can you help me pick some clothes for this kid here please" he said, deciding to ask the store employee.

"Welcome sir! Certainly! Are you looking for clothes for him?" the employee asked, looking at Chuuya observantly, who hid behind Dazai when he noticed the adult staring.

"Yes"

"Sure sir" she left and minutes later returned with a pile of clothes. She started showing them the combinations one by one. "What's your name, little one?" she asked, sidelining the clothes to be tried later. Chuuya just stuck to Dazai like a koala, not answering her at all.

"Chuuya" Dazai answered in his place

"Oh, what a pretty name. Out with daddy today? How cute. How old are you? Do you go to school? What do you think of this T-shirt? Do you like it?" she asked, holding up a T shirt with a  panda on it.

Chuuya didn't answer her. He shuffled closer to Dazai and wrapped himself around his leg, bewildered by the amount of questions thrown at him at once.

"He's just shy"

"Oh, I see. Anyways sir, here's the clothes you picked. You can try them out if you want" She said handing them the clothes. She looked at the two again and said "Sir? Your wife isn't here? Will he be able to change on his own? If you want, I can help him"

Dazai looked down at the human koala stuck to his leg

"Oi chibi, will you be fine changing on your own?"

Chuuya nodded, his eyes shining with determination.

"Well then, take these and go change. Also, don't lock the door." he said handing Chuuya a pair of clothes

______________

"Is he sewing clothes or what? Why's it taking him so long to change?" Dazai mumbled irritated, after waiting for five minutes for Chuuya to come out of the changing room. He walked up to the door and knocked 

"Oi chibi, are you there? How long will it take you?"
"Mmph" came the reply
"What's that supposed to mean?"
"Mm..Mmph!"
"What?"
"Mmph Mphm!" Chuuya replied, irritated. Dazai sighed

"Alright Chibi, I'm coming in" Dazai said and entered the changing room only to find Chuuya in a very....uhhh...puzzling situation. The poor little guy was stuck within the clothes. He still had his old oversized clothes on him while his hand and head were stuck in the T shirt, in attempt to get it on. Dazai also realized why Chuuya was 'Mmn-mmph'ing and not answering properly. It's because his tie was in his mouth for god knows what reason.