Chapter 5

Previously on Dragon ball (author chan's bad attempt at a joke, pls laugh)

"Thanks a lot Ane san. I owe you a meal" 

"Oh also, Dazai kun.. have you seen Chuuya anywhere?"

_______________________________

"No. I haven't seen him. Why do you ask?"

"He was supposed to get back 2 days ago. I was just wondering if you had seen him around in two days. I think he might have gotten badly injured"

'He was supposed to be back two days ago? But I found him today. Where was he for the remaining two days?'

"Dazai kun? You have seen Chuuya somewhere, haven't you?" Kouyou said in a dangerously low voice. For some unknown reason, something about that voice sent shivers down Dazai's spine 

"No" he said again. He suddenly felt a knife pointed at his throat.

"Well, seems like you are like lying dear. Otherwise Konjiki Yasha wouldn't be there pointing a knife at you"

Dazai chuckled.

"Well yeah, I have seen Chuuya"
"When and where?"
"Just now. At my house"
"You both are getting along? Put him on the phone, I need to speak to him"
"Yeah, about that. I can't do that so no you can't talk to him"
"And why is that?"
"Ahhh....I didn't want to tell you so soon. There goes my surprise." He sent her a photo

"Is that Chuuya? What happened to him?! He looks so cute btw"
"Who knows? I found him like this today"
"Was he the one you were talking about? The kid doing dangerous things?"
"Yes"
"What is he doing now?"
"Drawing with Konjiki Yasha"

Kouyou laughed hearing that.

"Well then, that takes off a weight off my shoulder" She sighed, relieved. "On a serious note, Dazai kun.. take care of him" 'He didn't have a childhood, let him enjoy this one' was left unsaid
"Not gonna take him back?"
"No. It would be for the best that boss doesn't get a word about this. He will not be very happy."
"Alright, leave him to me" He said and hung up

 "Oi Chibi, you hungry?" he asked Chuuya, who had left his painting unfinished and was now trying to tickle Konjinki Yasha.
"Yeah! I'm really hungry. What are we going to eat?" he said, climbing on the Golden Demon's head.
"Instant noodles! Quick and easy to make"
"Yay!"

.

"Yesss, the disaster has finally calmed down!" Dazai whisper sighed, extremely relieved that his little ex partner was finally sleeping (on Golden Demon's lap). He quickly cleaned up, hid any more potential dangerous items and went to sleep too (on Golden Demon's lap, who stoked both the boys's hair gently)

_________________________________

Timeskip: brought to you by author's chemistry exam

*yawn*

"Dazai san, you seem tired. Did you not sleep last night?" Atsushi asked, a very tired looking Dazai

"Nope, this brat woke up in the middle of night and started jumping around. Also he fell down and started crying so no, my night was ruined"

A week had passed since Dazai found Chuuya. It was the most horrible week of his life, ever since he quit port mafia. Chuuya would not let Dazai rest for even a minute.

"I can't wait for this chibi to turn back normal. I hate my life so much. Because of this chibi, I can't even get time to try new suicide techniques"

"Isn't that a good thing tho?" Atsushi mumbled "By the way Dazai san, did you find anything about who did this to Chuuya san?" 

"Nope"
"Did you even try?"
"Of course I did, I'm not particularly enjoying being stuck with him. I miss the time when I lived in peace, only thinking about ways to die. Now all I do is look after this idiot."

He was not lying. He did try to find out about who or what did this to Chuuya but there's only so much he could do with zero clues and without spilling the secret to Mori. Dazai thought of sending Chuuya to school, but decided against it as one: what if Mori found out and he didn't want to risk anything and two: it was too expensive. 

That night, after talking to Kouyou san, Dazai had checked Chuuya for wounds and had found a long slash on his back, possibly a knife wound. There was also a bump on his head with a few minor cuts here and there. Dazai wondered how on Earth did he miss all that when he was changing Chuuya's clothes in the mall.

.

"I hope he remains a kid then" Atsushi mumbled and went to Chuuya who was busy eating sweets with Ranpo. During the last week, Ranpo and Chuuya became really good friends. Ranpo shared candies with Chuuya and Chuuya attentively listened to all of 'The tales of the great detective Edogawa Ranpo'.

"Chuuya kun? You shouldn't eat so many candies. It's bad for you"
"What shood I eat then? I don't want to eat inshtant noodles. I'm boled of eating them evelyday" 

All heads turned to Dazai.

"Dazai-"
"Did you-"
"Only-"
"Feed him-"
"Instant noodles-"
"For the whole week?"

"What did you expect? I don't know how to cook much"

"Well kid, you can snack here with me! That way, you won't have to eat those unhealthy noodles everyday. C'mon, choose your favourite!" Ranpo said, patting Chuuya on the back happily, while Kunikida choked Dazai in the back for his negligence saying 'He won't grow up tall if you only feed him noodles'

"Uhh..Ranpo san, I don't think that's exactly healthy either"

*Ring Ring*

The phone on Dazai's desk rang and everyone stopped their nonsense.

"Moshimoshi? You are calling Armed Detective Agency"

"Moshimoshi, Dazai kun