Chapter 11

"Alright bye Chibi, I'll be back in a few days"
"Okay"
Dazai patted Chuuya's head and left, unaware that he'd get a surprise when he'll come back.

_________________________________________

Few hours Earlier

Dazai and Kunikida came back to the agency after completing another job request. Chuuya immediately ran and hugged Dazai, something he had started doing a lot lately.

"Welcome back!!" He said, his speech a little clearer than before, thanks to Dazai's efforts.
"I'm back chibi. I'm sorry, I have to write a report so we'll play later" Dazai said, reading Chuuya's mind. He placed Chuuya back on the floor and said "You can play with Atsushi kun for the meantime"
"Okay"

Chuuya went to Atsushi and much to the older boy's displeasure, started swinging on his tail.

"Ow! Chuuya san! No- not the tail-" Atsushi said wincing, it was really uncomfortable. Dazai smirked, as Chuuya continued to swing on Atsushi's tail. "Ah- Get off- please" 

Dazai slowly got up from his chair, still smirking. He walked up to the two boys and covered Chuuya's ears with his hands and pulled him away from the tiger boy's tail. He then looked at Atsushi, with an expression of fake disbelief and said

"Atsushi kun, I can't believe you would taint my little child like this!"
"What are you saying?!" Atsushi asked, genuinely confused at the brunet's words
"How could you Atsushi kun? I believed you weren't like this! How could you?"
"I seriously don't get what you're saying!"
"Ah~ No- not the tail" Dazai mimicked, covering Chuuya's little ears a little tighter 
"Why are you moani—" A sudden realization dawned on Atsushi and his face turned scarlet "DAZAI SAN!!!" Atsushi yelled, while Dazai rolled on the floor laughing. 
"Tch tch tch Atsushi kun, I'd prefer you keep that stuff between you and Aku—"

Before Dazai could finish, Atsushi threw Kunikida's notebook of ideals straight at Dazai's face. By now everyone in the Agency was laughing, except Kenji and Chuuya- both being too pure to understand the joke. 

"Will you let me go now?" Chuuya asked, tilting his head up to look at the laughing brunet
"Oh yeah sure" Dazai said, releasing Chuuya "You surprisingly didn't protest at all chibi"
"Yeeaah"

*Ring Ring Ring Ring*

Dazai's phone rang and he immediately answered it, seeing the name of the caller

"Aa Mori San! Moshimoshi!" 

If it were even a few days back, Dazai's coworkers would have questioned his 'casual' behavior with the mafia boss, but they knew he was working two jobs currently, that being in Port mafia. They just watched the exchange between the two men, which plainly consisted of Dazai complaining.

 "Huh?...uh huh...HEEIINN?? No way- Not coming~~.. why? I'm tired~...But I don't wanna~~.... OUkay I'll be there, happy?" Dazai said and got up from the floor, his demeanor changing to a serious one "I'm leaving chibi to you. I should be back fairly quickly. Yosano san, can you check if Chuuya has a fever? His face is a little red" 

_________________________________________

"Mori san, what is it this time?"
"A set of missions. You've been ignoring your work"
"I've been busy"
"I don't need excuses Dazai kun. I'd advise you don't do that unless you want Chuuya kun to do it in your place" Mori warned
"Understood boss. What's the assignment?"
"Like I said" Mori took out a small bundle of documents "You have to take care of all these by the end of this week"

Dazai skimmed through the documents quickly and mentally cursed.

'Tch- This is gonna take long'