Chapter 15

Darkness

"Hello? Papa? Are you here?" A small voice echoed in the complete darkness, followed by small, scared footsteps

"Looking for this?" 

The red haired child quickly whipped his head in the direction of the voice. His heart stopped at the horrifying sight before him. 

Blood

Blood of a certain brunette, trapped in montrous, black, arms; lower half of his body missing, painting the floor beneath him red.

"Look what you have done, Nakahara Chuuya"
_____________________________________

"Hey Chuuya, are you okay?" The brunette looked worriedly at the little ginger, who sat on the table with a frown on his face. The boy had not touched his food at all, even though Dazai had prepared his favourite food. "Is something wrong? Is the food bad? Does your tummy hurt?" Dazai asked, taking a seat beside Chuuya, stroking his hair gently. The ginger shook his head. This worried Dazai.

Last night, Chuuya had woken up terrified because of some nightmare that he refused to speak about. He kept mumbling 'You're okay. Thank god', clinging to Dazai. 

"Chibi, if you don't feel well, I can drop you off to Ane san's place. You don't have to go to school if you don't want to"

The boy shook his head, "I want to go to school"

"Okay, but eat something" The older man sighed and picked up Chuuya's chopsticks, holding the food in betwen them, close to Chuuya's mouth "I'll feed you, okay? Eat"

Chuuya nodded and finished his food, with a little persuation from Dazai.

_________________________________________

Chuuya waved goodbye to Dazai and ran to his class, hoping that he would not have to deal with those annoying kids again. He didn't have the energy or the mood for it.

Unfortuntely for him, gods had a different plan.

"Here comes the annoying brat. I hate this little monster more than Nakahara. Kill him"

'No. shut up...Wait- who're you?.......Hello?????'

"Oh look it's mister high and mightie"

Chuuya rolled his eyes at the comment and sarcastically mumbled 'big words, oh how cool'. Well, the kid heard him.

"You think you're better than evelyone, huh? Well in case you don't know, the world doesn't levolve around you"

"Yours doesn't but mine does. So shut up"

The teacher who had heard the commotion came to check what was going on. Hearing Chuuya's comeback, she bit her inner cheek to prevent herself from laughing. She scolded both the boys lightly and told them to get along with each other, earning an annoyed 'hmph' from them.

The rest of the day went okay for Chuuya, with Arahabaki not bothering him surprisingly.

_________________________________________

Chuuya stared at Dazai's bandages curiously, while they walked back home.

"Hey, why do you always wear so many bandages? Are you hurt?"

Dazai looked at Chuuya, confused at the sudden question. The kid just stared at him, worried.

At first Dazai thought to ask Chuuya about why he was asking about the bandages but knowing that Chuuya was a smart kid and would probably shower him with questions, he just decided to lie