Chapter 16

Warning: Manga Characters

_______________________________________

"Kidnap who?" The grey eyed man asked his raven haired companion, taken aback at the sudden request
"Nakahara Chuuya" the fuchsia eyed man replied
"That insane ability user? Are you serious?"
"Yes, I'm very serious"
"And I'm supposed to do it alone?"
"No. I will assist you"
"Why are we kidnapping him though? And how exactly do you plan to keep him contained?"
"You'll see"
_______________________________________

"Alright chibi, I win" Dazai yawned, getting bored after their sixty seventh game of tic-tac-toe
"We're playing again! This time I'll definitely win" The little ginger exclaimed, determination evident in his ocean eyes

"Yeah no, we've been playing for an hour now. I gotta take the trash out and buy some veggies" Dazai turned him down. He did not have the mood nor the energy to play another game. He knew he should have just let Chuuya win to get out of playing the same game for an hour but old habits don't go away easily.
"Please play. Just one time?" Chuuya tried convincing him with his cute puppy look but Dazai had 'finally' gotten immune to it

"No, your puppy dog look won't work this time. I'm the one who taught you that, after all" the brunette stated, more proudly than he would have liked. But who can blame him. It takes a lot of willpower to say no to that cute face.

Walking towards the door, the brunette quickly grabbed his wallet and coat and looked over at Chuuya who was staring at him curiously.

"Oh chibi, I'll be back real quick. Probably half an hour so you don't need to come with me. Go watch TV or something" he said
"Okay!"
"And don't wander outside alone okay?"
"Okay"
"Don't open the door for strangers"
"Okay"
"And don't go near the stove, or the knives, or the electric sockets"
"Ok....."
"And–"

Chuuya waved his hands in a 'just go' motion, while his face expressed the typical 'I'm not a little kid, papa'. Dazai gave him a sceptical look, quite unsure of his decision to leave the little ginger alone, even if it was for a few minutes, but left nonetheless.

Minutes after he had left, the door opened and two adults, one dressed normally and the other not too normally, entered the apartment. One wore a buttoned white shirt and white pants; accompanied by a long black coat with white fur, and an ushanka hat, while the other wore a long white coat having a galactic design on the interior with black pants. The only thing that stood out about his attire was a black cloth he wore on his head, with a knot tied right below his nose.

The little ginger looked over at the two adults. Upon noticing the masked man, his eyes shone with excitement and he ran over in their direction.

"It's a Mr. Thief!" he cried happily
"Huh!? I- I'm not a thief, kid!" The adult stuttered, concerned that his 'perfect' get up was being mistaken for that of some lousy thief. His fuchsia eyed companion looked at him weirdly before crouching down to Chuuya's level.
"He's a kidnapper," the man said, pointing at the masked adult. Then looking away from both the people in the room, he mumbled "I told you not to wear that ridiculous thing on your head"
"Fyodor! Why are you telling him that?! And where's Nakahara san?? What's a child doing here?" The black masked man asked, not hearing the last bit of the raven haired man's words.
"Yeah about that–" Fyodor started but was completely ignored by the other, who had in under a second, forgot about their mission, and now was completely focused on the cute little child in the room.

"Hey kid, would you come with me to my house? I'll give you candies" He asked, taking off his mask, making his long, dual colored hair fall on his back. Fyodor sniggered at the other's nonsensical question. Of course, even a child won't agree to go with someone they don't know just like that.
"Okay" The ginger replied

"..............Eh?" Both the adults looked at the child in pure disbelief. Apparently, neither of them had expected him to actually agree, not even the innocent one of the two.

Sigma was the first one to react though. He picked Chuuya in his arms protectively and looked at Fyodor with a gleaming look that the man did not like, even for one second.

"Where are this childs' parents? I need to have a long chat with them about this!! Why haven't they taught him anything about personal safety?!?" The grey eyed man exclaimed angrily. Then without waiting for an answer, he added "Can I adopt him?"

 Then without waiting for an answer, he added "Can I adopt him?"

(Look, It's mini Fyodor!)

"No" Fyodor deadpanned "And you're the youngest in this room. We can't have a three year old adopt a five year old" he pointed out
"Anyways, where's Nakahara san?" Sigma asked his raven haired companion.
"There" Fyodor pointed at the child in Sigma's arms. The dual haired man looked at the little ginger, his lips forming a small 'o'

.

.

.

"I'm back!" Dazai announced happily, carrying a bag of groceries which had a small gift for Chuuya "What would you like to eat?" He placed the groceries bag at the table and went to the room to see what the ginger was doing.

"Chuu–" He opened the door, expecting to see Chuuya watching TV but the room was empty, the little boy nowhere to be seen "–ya?"

_______________________________________

"Ah Dos Kun, Sigma! You're back earlier than expected! And you have little Nakahara too" Nikolai, their third companion came running to the two, as soon as they came back.
"Yeah" Sigma handed Chuuya to the man dressed in clown attire. His arms were getting sore from holding Chuuya in his arms for so long "Wait, I'll bring you some candies and story books. I think we have some story books here" He told Chuuya and left him in Nikolai's care. The three watched him leave. Then, the raven haired man turned towards the ginger, his eyes having a wild gleam.

"Well, what shall we do with you now"
_______________________________________

A/N: It's your author again! Just wanted to say hi.

First, thank you for 14K reads!!

Also, this book is more of a comfort book for me now so the update schedule might be all over the place. Sorry about that. Also, I don't have any plans for this story, like none at all (I'm very sorry to say this but it's true) I'm just writing what is coming to my mind because as I've said before, it's a comfort book

But I hope you liked the chapter! :)

Oh, also can you all suggest me some science fiction novels to read? I desperately need recommendations for a school project.