Chapter 6

Previously 

"Moshimoshi, Dazai kun"

______________________________

Dazai's smile stiffened on hearing the voice.

"Mori san.... what a surprise" he replied, calmly. 

Even though he was acting calm, his heart was beating rapidly. One question running through his mind.

'How does he know? I don't even take him outside that often'

His coworkers frowned at the mention of that name and as for Chuuya, the little kid started shivering, unaware of the reason himself.

"So Mori san.. why do you call?"
"Dazai kun, come to the mafia base with Chuuya kun"
"Hein? Why w—"
"It was not a request Dazai kun"
"I don't think I take orders from you anymore, Mori san"
"That may be so, but Chuuya kun does and I think in his current form he would be unable to come here on his own. You wouldn't want him at risk, would you?"

Dazai's face became devoid of expression.

"Well well, looks like we have a lot to talk about, Mori san" 

He  grabbed little Chuuya, who was stuck to Ranpo and shaking uncontrollably and left.

_____________________________

Dazai entered Mori's office, with Chuuya protectively in his arms. Chuuya snuggled closer to Dazai, burying his face in his shoulders, shaking uncontrollably at the tense atmosphere.

"Ah, Dazai kun, please have a seat. You can put Chuuya kun down, if you want."

Chuuya tightened his grip on Dazai. 

"I'm not leaving Chuuya here for him to die, if that's what you were going to propose"
"Don't be ridiculous, Dazai kun. Has being Chuuya's guardian for a week softened you this much?" Dazai frowned at this  "I merely wanted to ask you to take over Chuuya's job for the time being. When he turns back normal, you can leave"
"I did not leave the mafia to come back, even if only temporarily"
"Then I guess you'd rather have Chuuya going to missions in this state"

'You f***ing mental piece of —'

"Well Dazai kun, you can leave if you want. Just leave Chuuya kun here. What do you say?"

"Screw you" Dazai mumbled. There was no way he was leaving Chuuya here to die, atleast not when he couldn't even defend himself.

"I'll take that as a yes" Mori said. If hatred were daggers, Mori would have been stabbed from head to toe. "Well then Dazai kun, welcome back to Port Mafia. Come in tomorrow to get the details of your first job"

"One question before I leave, who told you about Chuuya?"

"No one apparently. An over enthusiastic kid isn't that hard to spot even amongst the crowd, you know" 

Chuuya's grip on Dazai tightened even more and he was shaking badly, out of fear.

Something was wrong, Dazai could feel it. Mori's smile on seeing a terrified Chuuya said it all.

They have met before.

______________________________

A/N: Sorry this chapter was a bit short. I had my exams and now I have my practicals so I'm trying my best to manage both writing and revision.