Luisa x horse trainer! Reader

I always thought I knew everyone in town. That was until she showed up one day.

She stood maybe five foot six and had very very long thick hair that was dark, had very prominent cheek bones, dark brown nearly black eyes, tan skin that was darker then mine, and was built quite like me too only smaller. I asked my Abuela about her before anyone.

"Abuela?" She looked at me "yes mija?" I motioned to the girl as she walked by "who is that?" She smiled "she's here to help us with that donkey that's been giving us problems. Her name is Y/n." I watched how she walked as she went back by with a big bag of something in her pocket "ok. Do you think I could help her in any way?" She watched deer disappear over the hill "I dont know. You'll have to ask her yourself."

It took a while to find her, but when I did she was just getting ready to touch the donkeys forehead when it lashed out at her and acted like it was going to bite, so she backed off. "Hello Luisa." how did she know I was here? And how did she know my name? "Uh hello...its Y/n right?" She nodded as she studied the donkey "thats right." Despite her looking so mean and intimidating all the time she had a quiet, kind voice.

"Do you need something?" She looked at me with her arms folded "no, I just wanted to say hello. And maybe watch you a little bit if you dont mind." She smiled "I dont mind at all. Back home I'll have groups upon groups of people watch me, so I'm used to it." Where was this girl from anyway? "Oh ok."

I had watched person after person try and get this donkey to the barn, but no one had ever succeeded. "Do you know the story on this sweet girl?" Did she seriously just call something that was going to bite her earlier sweet? "Yeah I do. She got out as a baby just barely old enough to be without her mom and no ones been able to catch her since. She's been out like this for four or five years. We've had alot of people try to catch her or tame her and they've never been successful, but none of them have ever tried just sitting with her or approaching her like you just did." She raised a brow and looked back to the donkey "let me guess they've tried roping her, scaring her into a pen, chasing her down with other donkeys or horses, etc?" I nodded "yeah actually. One person did get her in a pen, but she got away from them after they beat her for not understanding something on the first try. It actually made me really upset."

She grinned and looked at me "you let her out didn't you?" I rubbed my neck "...yeah" she chuckled "well so far I've learned enough to know what to do and what not to do with her. All I know is I better get her gentled as fast as I can to get her feet trimmed. With how long they are its painful for her to walk. Thats why she acted like she was going to bite me when you came up over the hill. Its too painful for her to move unless seriously motivated and she expresses that in her attitude. Not to mention since she's pregnant thats even more weight on her already hurting feet and legs." This information shocked me "shes pregnant?" She nodded "yes ma'am she is. If you stand right here where you can see her side clearly and look at her, the way her belly is shaped isn't right just to be a belly from being chunky and overeating." I looked and sure enough she was right.

I watched Y/n for two weeks make more progress with the little donkey that others hadn't made in a year and it made me happy to see the day that Y/n got a halter and lead on her and taught her to walk on command when asked.

"Y/n has a gift with animals." Antonio smiled at Abuela "I know. She was able to speak to Dottie without saying a word." I raised a brow at him "Dottie?" He nodded and looked at me "yeah that's her name. That's what Y/n named her. I did also try talking to her to help Y/n, but Dottie is deaf, that's why she had such a hard time with other people." No wonder why her ears have always sat further forward then a normal donkeys ears.

"Luisa I noticed you've been spending alot of time around Y/n. How is she?" I didn't like having the spotlight on me so suddenly "shes...nice I guess." Abuela gave me a questioning look "just nice? Is there anything else about her we should know?" I took a bite of my food as I thought "oh she does love reading and listening to music. She said she's used music to train wild horses and wild burrows back home and has used reading too..." I didnt mean to, but I started to go on and on about her making my whole familia smile at me.