protector! Luisa x Reader (fem)

The Madrigals were very well known all around the world, but not all of them were how they were made out to be. By that I mean Isabella has always been able to grow whatever, Mirabel has always been part of the family, Brunos visions have never been bad, and Luisa doesn't move buildings or pick up donkeys, well not very often anyway. Oh yeah Julieta Madrigal? Her gift was how others made it out to be, but it had a limit depending on how much she cared for the person she was healing.

"Luisa the eastern barrier has been breached." We were in the middle of lunch "I'll take care of it in a minute." She finished her food then looked at me with a grin "ready to go?" I gave her the same grin back "always." Truth was we were the protectors of the village. People learned about us and our magic and wanted to take it, so we had to build a barrier on two sides of the village since those were the only sides anyone could get in at.

As we fought I watched Luisa get a deep cut across her back which was far from normal because usually she was prepared for anything and that included people with swords, but today she just wasn't herself and I should know since I am her twin brother after all.

"You ok?" We were on our way home now "yeah, it's just a little cut." I shook my head "that, is not no little cut." It was normal for me to come home with all sorts of cuts, but Luisa? This was her first one and it was a nasty one. You could see her spine it was that deep. "I don't know if mamá will be able to fix that one. I think you'll have a scar." She winced when her shirt got stuck in it and I had to pull it out "ah the twins are- oh no..." ok so the cut wasn't just on her back...it may have gone over her one shoulder too. I know everyone we passed seen it because most puked and others almost did or had to turn away as they were about to faint at the sight of it.

"What was on your mind today that distracted you?" We shared a room and pretty much had the same gift which was odd "nothing." Her back and shoulder was all wrapped up and she was laying on her stomach "and why haven't you ate anything? Or accepted mamá's help?" She sighed "just drop it Luis. It doesn't matter anyway." I paused "...it has to do with Loralai doesn't it?" She didn't answer me verbally, but she did nod "Luisa that was ten years ago. We didn't know those people were going to attack let alone kill people of our Encanto." She sighed "I know Luis! You dont think I dont know that? I watched my best friend get killed. She died in my arms LUIS!"

Now hold on there...don't yell at me.

"You don't think she was my friend too? I was originally supposed to be the one to protect the village. That was my job since we got our gifts. I felt as though I failed everyone that day Luisa. She was my girlfriend and I loved her, sure we were only seventeen, but Abuela had plans for me to marry her. I felt a different kind of pain and guilt then you did because not only did I feel like I let down the whole village, her family reminded me for two years that I couldn't protect their little girl or be there for her in her final breath, so don't act like her death only effects you." A knock came at our door and a look of panic flashed over Luisas face "just a minute." Who could she be so terrified for me to see?

"Its just me bebés." It was mamá "whats going on between you two? You haven't fought like this for years." Luisa sighed "let mr perfect little boy over there tell you. I'll be back later. Don't worry about me." Luisa was technically the middle child since mamá had two sets of twins including us, then she had Mirabel. Because I was born after her and was the weaker one of us I've always had more attention then her and Abuela has always taken my side a little more then hers. She wasn't the jealous type, but she did get to a point where she was tired of everything always going wrong for her and today must've been her breaking point. "I'll go get your brother so you guys can talk ok? I'm going to see if I can talk to Luisa." I nodded "please be careful mamá. She isn't in a good mood."