Chapter Six

(Bruce's POV)

As soon as I left Isabella's apartment, I went to find Michael. I knew the GCPD had probably had no luck in finding him. Not that the GCPD were bad, but they took their time and as much as I trusted Jim, I couldn't rely on anyone to sort this out other than myself. Unlike them, I knew exactly where I would find Michael. I didn't like to do my work in the day, but this wasn't just work, it was now personal.

I followed Michael for a couple of hours, waiting for the perfect opportunity. As of now, he appeared to be selling drugs in a dingy alleyway, gleaming at the amount of cash he had just received for it, even though it was only going to go straight into Harry Montez's pocket. The Montez family never used to be this way, and they were never involved with crime, but when Harry became Mayor I noticed the change. He had more power, glory and could bathe in his wealth. Luckily, Isabella lived with me and didn't have a lot to do with her family. They were around occasionally, but they were never truly there and they didn't have her best interests to heart. If they really had been behind this, they would pay.

As Michael walked proudly away from the deal, I made my way towards him and dropped down in front of him, immediately grabbing him before he could run. He didn't fight. Instead, he put his hands up to surrender.

"I'm sorry. It's just drugs. I'm not hurting anybody," he cried, but I wasn't here about the drugs.

"Are you responsible for the attack on Isabella Montez?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," he fidgeted in my grip, but I only tightened it and slammed him into the wall causing him to groan. "Okay, okay," he is scratching at my hands to let go, but I only gripped tighter. "It was me, yes. But I was just doing what Mr Montez asked me to do, I swear. He said he would fire me if I didn't and I needed the money for my family. Please, please don't hurt me. I'm sorry, I really am."

"Why did he get you to do it?" I asked throwing him to the ground.

"He..," Michael stuttered, leaning away from me."He just wanted me to scare her. She disrespected him. Called him corrupt. Said he didn't care about her or anyone. He hoped that in scaring her she'd call him for help. That she'd have no choice but to go back to them and then hopefully marry Carmen. It's all for his campaign to be Mayor. They said he'd get more votes if he had Isabella on his side. I swear she was never supposed to get hurt."

"Did Carmen know?"

"I don't know. I really don't."

So it was true. He had planned to hurt her all for the sake of votes, tried to use her as if she was some sort of prize to win. If Carmen won the election, he'd only have Harry in his ear and for Harry that meant that he still had control even in his retirement. Carmen must have been in on this too. It would have all been a joke to him. How stupid could they be to come up with such a pathetic plan? Isabella was not the sort of person to go crying back to daddy. He was the last person she'd run to.

"Does he have anything else planned?"

Michael shook his head. "No, not that I know of. He doesn't tell me anything." Whether he was telling the truth or not, I didn't have time for his pathetic cries. He wasn't going to walk away from this though. I tied his hands and feet together, and took the phone out from his pocket. He was begging the entire time for me to let him go and that he'd never do it again, but he deserved to be behind bars. I dialled 911 on his phone and left it in front of him out of reach. I left him there for the GCPD and took my leave. Now, I had to deal with Harry Montez. Trying to get the mayor wouldn't be as easy. As I was on my way over to his Harry's offices, I received a call from Alfred.