Chapter 26

The guys were practicing when Yubin arrived. She brought burgers from McDonalds since the guys love them, especially Jeongin, the child.

The members got actually really surprised.

"Oh my Gooood, that looks so gooooood" Bang Chan said looking at the food.

"But the diet" Lee Know said firmly.

"Fuck the diet" Seungmin said looking at the members.

"Just cheat for 1 day, I got them for you" Yubin said with puppy eyes "It's like a whole week of pay".

"Thank you" Chris replied and kissed her on the cheek. Awwwwww.

"Chan showed me the necklace he bought you for your birthday and I know it costs like your pay of 3 years" Changbin complained.

"But I worked hard for this burgers as well as he worked hard for my necklace. It's about the work, not about the price" She said moving her hands and smiling with guilt.

"Let's just eat" Seojun said already salivating.

"Dig in boys" Yubin said kind of like giving them permission.

As soon as she said that, everyone went for a burger and fries except Felix and me, we are the only rational and kind people here lol.

When everyone finished grabbing their food, Felix and I moved to the front to grab ours.

And as if we were in a movie, I went for a burger at the same time Felix did and our hands accidentally touched. We looked at the other with our hands still briefly touching. I felt my face become hot while a red blush covered his cheek. I've missed this, the fluttering sessions.

"Sorry" He quickly said moving his hand.

"Don't apologize" I said annoyed.

He chuckled "I forgot our pact".

Suddenly, the awkwardness was gone. And to keep that energy, I decided to talk to him and not shut up.

"Can you pass me some fries?"

"Sure" He handed me some.

"They look really good. Do you like fries?"

"I do, but I prefer like carrots or something" He replied giggling.

"What? I hate carrots" I told him.

"You don't like carrots? Why?" He replied shocked.

"They're disgusting, I don't like them. That's like the only food I hate" I made a disgusted face.

"That's my favorite food" He said shocked again.

"This is the only thing we don't agree on. Literally" I laughed.

"And you're like really introverted and i'm not, we're different on that too" He said smiling.

"Do you think I should be more outgoing? Sometimes I feel like i'm reeeeally boring" I asked worried.

"Not at all" He smiled. "I think your personality is perfect" He got shy. "I mean, your personality matches your face, I don't know if you understand" He chuckled.

"If you like it, then I won't change it" I said trying to make eye contact with him.

"Mhm" He replied eating a fry and looking down.

"Do you like it?" I was pushing him and trying to look at his eyes. He is awkward again, this is so frustrating.

He looked up and finally made eye contact with me "Of course I do".

We both smiled and the uncomfortable energy left again.

***

It was 5 p.m. Of course no news about Jihoon.

We were still sitting down on the floor (we didn't even watch a movie, we just joked and laughed all afternoon) when my phone started ringing.

Felix was sitting next to me and he turned to look at my phone that was between us.

"Who is it?" Felix asked concerned. I noticed Bora and Jisung were looking at me.

"Unknown number... I'll be right back" I said standing up grabbing my phone.

"I'll go with you" Felix said furrowing his eyebrows. He looked really worried.

I picked up the call while stepping out of the room.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Soli?" A male voice said.

"Yes, who is this?" I said worried.

"We're calling from the phone company. We want to offer you better promotions if you're interested. My name is Juseok, at your service" He said.

I felt like I was breathing again.

"I'm not interested, thank you. Have a nice day" I replied and hung up.

"Who was it?" Felix asked still furrowing his eyebrows.

"The phone company" I said smiling.

I saw that his soul returned his body, he looked relieved.

"Let's get back" I said to him and we went back.

***

I'm convinced Jihoon found his soulmate and forgot about me. It's today or never, that's for sure. If he doesn't show up today, he is never showing up.

It's crazy to think that 1 week ago, I was so excited for this day, I wanted to see him, to hear him, to talk with him... And now, I'm praying he doesn't come.

If I had never found Felix, I would've felt devastated today. I would be crying in my room and planning my trip to LA to look for him, how pathetic.

But now, I couldn't be happier with my life. Now that I know Jihoon forgot about me, I won't feel guilty for confessing to Felix and living happily ever after with him.

After today, I will worry about why Felix suddenly hates me, but right now, I'll wait for the day to be over.

If Jihoon reached out to me... it would be the worst. He would mess up my emotions, and not because I like him that way, but because i'm really loyal and if I saw him without a soulmate I would feel sooo bad about it.

And I don't know, maybe even my memories with him could mess me up. I mean, i've known Felix for less than a week, it honestly can't be compared to my 4 years shared with Jihoon...

I really hope he forgot about me.