39

George walked up to the pyramid of dumbbells. It's now or never.

He took one from the middle, making the whole pyramid fall apart, but the top ones were just too light. Of course, Dream was sprinting up the stairs with all of his power in no time.

George lifted both his hands up with the heavy weapon and readied himself for Dreams anger. His heavy steps were right outside the door. With every second, Georges hands were shaking more and more.

It was very heavy, the dumbbell, but a lighter one wouldn't do the job. The door tore open and that aggressive face, that tried taking in what's happening, truly terrified George.

Dream seemed to relax, slightly. George is no threat. He started walking up to the soft, little boy that was standing in front of him. The fear pouring trough George was as visible as his face.

There was this comforting and understanding smirk on Dreams face. Though looking closer, all that was there was manipulation.

"What are you doing, Georgie?" His voice was genuinely friendly, normal. That made George hesitate. And that's exactly what Dream wanted.

A few steps closer, Dream leapt at George, sprinted the few feet that he left between them, and as much as George wanted to focus and be able to react fastly, this caught him off guard.

He tried throwing the dumbbell at Dreams head, but it flew right past him. He didn't even have to duck. That's just pathetic of George, how could've he messed up like that.

Dream was now standing and grinning at George with his mouth agape. This was all hilarious for him. "That was just sad, to be honest." Dream said almost laughing.

At least he wasn't angry, but it definitely was there under all that smugness. But now George was starting to get terrified. What has he done? There's no going back after this, he's fucked up his whole life.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what I was trying to d-" Dream quickly paced up to him and pressed his finger on top of Georges quivering lips. "Shush, I'll think of what to do with you later, now-" Crash.

A crash came from downstairs. Oh no.

"Sapnap!" Dream yelled backing out the door to see what exactly that was. George is thinking that Sapnap thought Dream was down and that George pulled it off, and decided to go and get an exit ready. But that's obviously not what happened.

After seconds of shock and fear, George sprinted out to see what's going on there. More cluster and breaking objects were already perceptible.

George was scared for Sapnap. Dream won't go as easy on him.

"Dream? Sapnap?" George yelled as he reached the stairs and searched for them. There was indeed a broken window. And Dream punching Sapnap in the stomach with huger force than usually.

Sapnap started screaming and trying to punch Dream back. Some were received perfectly, but Dream was still towering over Sapnap.

George ran up to them and tried pushing Dream away, and that sort of worked out for one second. But it was enough for the hyperventilating and grunting Sapnap to run away and up the stairs as Dream just stared into Georges eyes with fury that was even unlike for Dream. It was terrifying.

It didn't take more than a few seconds for him to be back on his spree after Sapnap. George had no idea whether he should run with them and help his friend, or just freeze and listen. There wasn't really a choice.

He froze. His muscles tensed up so much that his body might've exploded right then. Sapnap screamed out and it awakened George. He was awake now, ready to go and help his losing friend.

Two will beat one.

He loudly thumped up the stairs, trying to see if they're in view already. "Sapnap!" No response. There was actually no sound at all. It was quiet.

And then he saw it, flinched at the red.

Sapnap was lying below Dream, with this huge red puddle surrounding his head. George might've passed out for a few seconds.

"George." Dream breathed out and stood up. He looked back down at his work and slightly frowned. His emotions weren't clear. He could be either annoyed, angry or surprised. No idea.

George shuddered and finally got his eyes away from the pale and lifeless face there on the floor. Sapnap's eyes were still slightly open.

"Now it should be your turn technically." Dream said finally back in his old self, raised, tensed eyebrows, amused eyes, slight smirk. George took a step backwards.

There's still an open exit downstairs. "Please-" Dream quickly shushed him and walked even closer. Now it's clearer than ever that Dream isn't well. And George too, since he still thought that it could be possible to snap his best friend out of this manic state.

"I can let you live, Georgie. Would you want that?" George started frantically nodding. "But on one condition," Dream grinned, "Love me." That took him off guard. Could he love, or even act like he loves Dream? He's done too many things far over the line to be forgiven.

The luscious glint in his eyes was building tension in Georges muscles, until he collapsed. Living overcomes dying. There might be more chances after this. A new and safer escape plan. Some falter in Dreams highly detailed mind.

"Okay." It hurt to say it, mentally and physically. Dreams eyes burned up with excitement. Almost like that's what he knew he would hear. "Brilliant!" Dream pulled George by the arm towards the front door.

This might just be it. This could be when he gets out. He horribly stumbled after Dreams painful grasp, and soon the magical portal to outside was wide open. But Dreams hand was still clenched onto Georges wrist.

"This is our happy ending, you know. Rest of eternity together." Dreams eyes were full of joy and impatience. He truly believed what he himself was saying. Dream actually thought that George could just magically fall in love. He just killed Sapnap for gods sake!

The pain lowered down. He was free.

But not really.

If he'd run, Dream would catch him. If he'd kick Dream... That probably wouldn't go to plan. The exit was right in front of him, but still it was out of reach. No luck.