Chapter 13

~~~

~~~

"And how would I do that?" You questioned curiously.

Hange is known to be very smart. Yea, sure they're part of a band and considered a delinquent by some 'Granny's ' but, Hange carries around a big brain that could be put to good use. Most of the times anyway...
"Hmm.. what does Connie like?" Hange asked.
"I don't know." You shrugged, moving in your chair. They rubbed their chin and frowned "Great input." They said, sarcasm bouncing right off of their words.
"Sorry, but I can't think of anything." You sighed, rubbing the temple of your eye with one finger. Hange looked down at you, almost saddened by your distress. They wanted to help you out. They were sure of that, but they really couldn't do anything if you didn't give them any ideas. Hange didn't know much about Connie besides that he was your friend and roommate.

"C'mon think of something!" Hange encouraged. They jumped off the table and went to the empty seat next to you. "What does Connie talk about all the time?" They questioned, placing their hand on your shoulder.
You didn't turn to look at them. You continued to look at the ceiling, 'what does Connie always talk about?' The question repeated in your head an insane amount of times before it hit.

"Us."

"Huh?" Hanges eyes widened at your comment. "What do you mean us?" They questioned with both eyebrows raised. "That's not important right now." You ignored their question.

"But it is...?"

"Hush." You quieted them down by putting a finger up to their lips.

' If he cares so much about my relationship with Hange, then when I pretend to hate them he'll be upset. I'll make him think that the "end" of our friendship was because of him!'

"Wai-,"

"Hange you're brilliant!" You jumped from your seat and wrapped your arms around their neck, bringing them in for a big hug. They froze for a few seconds before wrapping their arms around your waist. "Thank you...?"

Hange had so many questions.

"Wait so what's the plan?" They asked pulling away from the hug.

"Well.. if we pretend to hate each other for a little while, Connies going to start feeling guilty. He'll immediately assume that the argument was over the prank he pulled. MEANING! That his confession will slip out before he even gets to think about it twice." You laughed.

"That sounds like a good plan." Hange smiled at your excitement, they were a little scared but mostly happy.

You were satisfied with your plan. It would most definitely work, and when it did.. you'd never let Connie hear the end of it.

Hange thought to themselves for a moment, trying to come up with a reasonable meaning behind your plans. Behind Connies care for your relationship with them.. yet they still couldn't seem to understand.