Chapter 14

~~~~

~~~~

"Y/n!!" Armin shouted, his arms wide open. You looked up from the guitar you were currently playing with, and smiled wildly at Armins sudden appearance. "Hey bud!" You said happily, standing up from your crouching position. He pulled you into a quick hug, and smiled.
He whispered "So what's the deal?" In your ear. moving away from the hug, you responded with, "Huh?"

"You invited us out of the blue, what for?" He questioned again. You silently stared at him, before answering. "And here I thought you actually were excited to see me!" You pouted jokingly. He playfully rolled his eyes and laughed, placing his hand atop your shoulder "well...."
He looked around the room and scratched the top of his head.. "cluelessly."
"Hey." You said scrunching  your nose up and giving Armin a dirty look.
He smirked "I'm kidding! I was you know... just wondering.... So what's up?"

You cocked your head to the side and frowned. Armin awkwardly looked around, while cracking his knuckles. He was anxious to know if his prediction was right. You raised your brows, and bit on the side of your lip, "right... well, it's a long story." You sighed. "Can I guess?"
You scratched the top of your head, "Sure...?"

"I'm going to simply state what I believe. You're getting back at Connie for something he did, Hanges involved, and only a few of us know about your plan." He smiled innocently, while patting down his bangs a bit.
'Damn he's a smart man.'

"How-,"

"Connie stopped by my dorm yesterday and asked me for some advice. The way he described his fake scenario was a lot like what I heard Mikasa and Eren talking about, your name was mentioned so...I figured." He said, rushing his words out. You watched him rock back and forth with his hands resting in his pockets, while he waited for an answer back. You sighed, "Well yea you're pretty much on top of it. Hange and I are pretending to hate each other."
"So Connie thinks you broke into an argument over the prank, correct?"

"Yup."

"Hmm.. that's smart. I doubt Connie will suspect a thing. He's a bit stupid." Armin joked.
You chuckled, "He is isn't he."
He nodded, "Yea. Well good luck with that. I'm gonna go see what the others are talking about."

"Mm, alright."

You crouched and looked back at the guitar you were playing with before your little interaction. You stroked the sides of the instrument. A small smile appeared on your lips, you got back into playing position and softly hit the strings of the guitar. Hange raised their head and looked over at you, they smiled, admiring you as you played the instrument you loved so dearly. You made eye contact with them, and your smile dropped instantly.

You mouthed the word 'prank' in order to remind them, they frowned in your direction and pointed towards the bathroom door. You shrugged your shoulders in confusion. They just shook their head and pushed themselves off of the floor. You watched them disappear behind the bathroom doors, letting your head fall low once the door fully closed. 'Oh'