Chapter 16|| feelings

Chapter 16

•••

(Not edited)

(Not edited)

You yawned, waking to the sound of bedsheets shuffling beside you. Your eyes opening to the dim sunlight shining against the transparent curtain. You heard a quiet groan to the side of you. Your eyes opened a little wider to focus on the slender body of the person stretching just a few feet away.

"Morning Hange." You spoke, throat still dry from the humid night. Hange lazily turned to look at you. "Sorry did I wake you?" They asked apologetically. You shook your head, reassuring Hange that it wasn't them who had woken you up. "Ah ok." They said, rubbing their forehead with the collar of their shirt. It lifted just enough to expose their lower abdomen.
You retracted your eyes from their figure and opted to sit up. Stretching out your own muscles. "Need some aspirin?" You questioned. "Please." They pleaded. They're pounding headache growing worse by the second. You quickly stretched before exiting the room and walking to the kitchen, Hange following right behind you. You hopped onto the counter and reached for the aspirin, throwing in a pill to the already filled cup of water. Hange leaning agaisnt the kitchen island, eyes shut tightly now from their worsening headache. "Here." You said handing it over to them. Hanges hand fell. "Uhm. Well." You awkwardly bit your bottom lip, as you grabbed Hanges face. Your palm resting against their cheek. "Open." Hange weekly followed your instructions, downing the water and the pill in a quick second. You backed away. Hanges head fell back, "This pill better work fast." They said with an exasperated sigh. You stared at the bareness of the pale skin on their neck, your mind could only go farther than you'd like it too. "Mm." You nodded, while your eyes refused to pull away from their skin. Hange picked their head up and furrowed their brows. They searched for your eyes, but you again were to busy embarrassing yourself. "Is there something on my neck? Is that why you're staring so hard?" They asked. And then you pulled yourself from your little trance. Backing further away from their figure and turning to face the kitchen island. "Huh, what no." You quickly responded. They stared at the back of your head with a smirk, making sure to make their way over to you with steps as silent as the night. Your stomach was going wild and you hated the feeling of feeling helpless. You leaned against the island and stared out at the organized living room which was only illuminated by the sunlight. Breaths exited and entered quickly, the silence of the room was choking you. "Hey." Hange placed their hands on your shoulders, giving them a gentle squeeze. "You sure you didn't have something to drink last night? You're acting a little odd." They were purely teasing you. They knew how you felt and they knew they were the cause of it. Even with the messy condition of their appearance. your body language was awfully obvious to read.
"Maybe all the alcohol you drunk last night is making you think I'm odd." You defended nervously. "I don't think that's it hun." They giggled behind you, a very small breath hitting the back of your neck. They pushed your hair to the front chest, and began rubbing a hand on your back. "You're tense."
Your breath hitched at the comment and at the contact of their cold hand with your bare back. Your eyes widened and you felt your whole body heat up. Hange held back a laugh, and dropped their hands to their sides. "Go pick a Movie to watch, I'll order food for us." They suggested, giving your stiff figure a push. "Mm." You nodded and rushed to the living room.