What a view

Wednesday had finally arrived as she was rummaging through her wardrobe for something half decent to wear but also didn't mind if it got covered in bleach.
She ended up in some pre pregnancy tight black skinny Levi jeans that in all honesty she was surprised she could fasten after having mae, an oversized cropped white T-shirt that didn't actually come up cropped but was the perfect length to tuck into her high waisted skinny jeans, some black Birkenstock's that she thought she'd never be caught dead in but was told to get some when she was heavily pregnant and hasn't looked back since. She topped it off with a gold necklace with Sophie inscribed on it, some gold hoops and her hair in loose curls with the top half collected in a messy little bun. Soph was blessed with a great complexion, something decent actually inherited from her father, so a few coats of mascara a quick brush of her freshly laminated brows she was good to go.

She stopped by the salon to pick up what she needed there was no questions asked. Ella was sat behind reception with her foot on a stool her cast now covered in drawings from her little sister. 'How ya doing el?'
Ella bringing her attention from the drawings on her cast to Soph 'not bad Soph thank you, can I ask you something though?'
Soph trying not to panic thinking they'd sussed from the books where she was going 'yeah of course, what's up?'
'Well my sister drew peppa pig on my cast but do you think it looks like, I dunno something else?'
Soph leaned over to exam the drawing, giggled and whispered 'peppa is a bit of dick though isn't she' making Ella smile

As she approached Jack building she parked out front collecting her cabin sized suitcase full of bleach and toners and headed for the concierge. They politely said they'd been informed of her arrival and showed her the way to Jack apartment. She knocked on the door. 'One minute' she could hear his voice bellow. As he opened the door his hair was wet, slick back fresh from the shower, he was shirtless wearing a pair of jersey shorts. 'Ah hey Soph, sorry I was late getting back from training an thought I'd better get a shower first ya get me' he winked at her, he fucking winked at her.
She felt her skin flushing as she entered his apartment, it was not was she expected, grey velvet sofa with the odd white cushions, light wooden floors that complimented the big floor to ceiling windows. 'Wow that view is incredible' she gasped looking out the window over Manchester City's views.
'It is indeed' he said looking towards Soph then back to the view 'told you it was good though didn't i'
'You did you did' she said gazing over to him
'Can I get ya a drink or owt?' He wasn't use to having people over really, not people he had to be extremely hospitable to anyway.
'Just a glass of water would be okay if that's alright?'
He returned from the fridge with a bottle water and sat it on the worktop next to where he'd made a make shift salon.
'Where do you want me then?' He smirked at her with that cheeky grin he couldn't contain
'Well I need you to dry you hair first I honestly can't work on it wet'
He agreed and apologised again for running late but returned from the bedroom with a fully dried fluffy head of hair.

As she got the work foiling through his hair, they continued to talk about Jack's move and how he missed home, Soph tried to dodge as much of her personal life as she could. Before she knew it, it was time to rinse his foils and apply a toner, Jack had taken him self back to the bathroom and returned smiling, 'blonde that innit' she was fascinated why he wanted to be so blonde when his features were made to stand out with darker hair. He just said 'girls go blonder in the summer don't they so I thought why not'.

After he'd washed the toner off and dried his hair he ask Soph if she could braid his hair again as he needs to go back to training for a recovery session later and she accepted. While she was braiding his hair Jack was flicking through TikTok telling Soph all the mad stuff the media team had him doing during lockdown when he came across a video of baby with a cactus toy, the poor baby crying at the toy copying their reaction. She instantly felt her breast tingle with let down. 'Shit' she said out loud without realising.
'What's up Soph is everything okay?' Jack voice panicking but darent move as Soph was mid braid.
'Erm yeah it's okay I just realised something, sorry it's alright' now Soph was panicking because for the last 3 weeks she'd managed to get away with not wearing breast pads, she hated them and would try not to wear them at any given opportunity but now, now was the time she really wished she'd been wearing them.
'Are you sure because that sounded like ya found a bald patch or sumat' Jack not convinced by her answer.
She could feel the pools of milk forming on her T-shirt as she tied the braid of with an elastic. 'Definitely no bald patches Jack. All done for you' she turned around and tried to collect her things as quickly as possible.
'Ya got to rush back to the salon like' Jack frowning at her disappointment across his face like he didn't want her to leave.
'Not quite, there's just something that I really need to do' she said hastily trying not to be rude. 'But your happy with your hair and your braid right?'
'Ah yeah didn't expect to be anything else, ya do a class job Soph' Jack grinning in the mirror 'do ya need a hand with owt?'
'It's okay thank you Jack, I really need to get off but if you need a toner or anything here's my card okay' she smiled politely and headed for the door suitcase in tow, her T-shirt sticking to her underneath her pinny.
'Thanks again Soph, you really do an amazing job yknow' his hand touching the small of her back as she passes through the front door making her whole body tingle not just her breasts.
'Your welcome Jack' she hears the door close behind her as she heads into the lift, she reaches the ground floor and her phone starts ringing with an unknown number. Fucking ppi or some kinda sales shite, she declines the call as she stuffs her suitcase in the boot and retrieves her breast pump bag. Just as she sits in the drivers seat and removes her pinny there's a knock on her car window. She turns to see Jack's face glistening with sweat in the sun but his smile beaming. She opens the window 'is everything okay Jack?'
'Erm yeah but you rushed off and I forgot to pay ya did I. I tried to call the number on that card you gave me but you didn't answer so I ran after ya hoping I'd catch you instead and well, here we are' looking proud of himself he'd caught up with her. 'Are you okay Soph, ya spill summat down ya top?' He looks at her quizzically but concerned.
'Oh Jack you didn't have to run after me you could have just tried to call me again later. And Erm yes and no, kinda.' She feels her face flush again. 'I .. I just need to yknow' as she points to her breast pump bag that's now open on the passenger seat.
Jacks brows furrow as he looks at the bag 'what is it' overly confused, it was yellow and clear plastic, he'd not seen it before.
'A breast pump Jack it's a breast pump' Soph now eagerly wanting to sort her self out.
Jack's face softens and he goes to open sophs drivers door 'we'll we can't have you doing that in the car out here, come back in mine where you'll be more comfortable and I'll get you a clean tshirt' Soph taken back by his kind words Jack now holding his hand out 'come on let's get ya sorted and I can transfer ya that money while ya here too' no questions asked she follows him back upstairs to his apartment while he's got one arm round her waist and one carrying her breast pump bag.