3 words, 8 letters

3 weeks later, soph and jack finally got round to taking mae to Chester zoo together. It was a day that had sealed everything for soph, she didn't expect jack to step up as a step dad, but he'd been playing the role to perfection, and mae was as obsessed with him just like her mother.
Jack had mae in carrier on his front with her facing forward her legs kicking away with excitement. 'Ya seen that over there mae' he points towards the giraffe 'it's ya mom that you know' he shots Soph a smile but she's already scowling at him.
'Fuck off jack' she nudges his arm
He covers maes ears 'shhhh language in front of mae' hes jiggling her about in her harness making her arms and legs frantically dash everywhere as she giggles. 'What noise does a giraffe make Soph?' He asks pulling his cap back down over his face.
Soph thinks about it for a moment but she actually has no idea 'I dunno, maybe like a horse noise?' They both look back at the giraffes and then back to each other and almost collapse with laughter.
'Nah that's not it' he kisses the top of maes head 'can't be teaching you the wrong sounds can we' he reaches out for sophs hand 'what parts next?'
'The monkeys' she grins at him as their hands interlock.
'Do ya reckon my mates there today?' He darts her another smirk
Sophs face instantly glowing red 'absolutely'

As they reach the monkeys jacks takes his phone out of his pocket. 'Where abouts did ya take that selfie you sent me?' He questions her, his eyes bright with excitement.
Soph points to enclosure across from them 'just there' he takes her hand and walks her over.
'Come on then, selfie' he pulls her close to him and mae, his other arm stretched out with his fingers grasping his phone 'say monkeys!!!'
He smiles at photo, perfectly recreated. Soph then watches him as he sets it to his wallpaper without any hesitation. She squeezes his hand tight, their relationship seems to have progressed so fast in the last 3 weeks. Sometimes she wonders if it's to fast, but it did feel like an honest natural progression.
__________________________________

Jack stands in the middle of the gift shop and opens the whats app group chat with the boys

Jack: Now then phillipa I didn't know you had a part time job at Chester zoo!
He attaches a selfie of his with a stuffed dolphin

Phil: nah it's me brother that

Stones: must be your twin brother if it is, the resemblance is uncanny
Attaches the meme of foden next to a dolphin

Walker: my eyes totally missed the dolphin! What you wearing on your front grealish? Latest fashion accessory?

Stones: attaches a gif of Alan from the hangover

Phil: daddy day care now isn't he, no more partying for you jacky boy

Walker: Phil .. aren't you a dad?

Stones: pot kettle black phillipa

Jack : attaches more photos of dolphin souvenirs
___________________________________

Back home they settle down on the sofa for the night, mae sleeping soundly in her nursery Soph stands the baby monitor on the coffee table. She looks up at jacks who's watching the screen of the baby monitor 'your really good with her you know'
He smiles and kisses the top of her head 'she's amazing Soph' his smile growing bigger 'I think I just love letting my inner child out aswell yknow'
She admires the dopey look on his faces, the same face she remember from the video where he chooses to take his passport to desert island. 'Did you ever see kids in your future jack?' She looks down, scared of his reply.
She hears him swallow hard 'I mean I did, not like now at this stage but I have thought about it. I mentioned it to John before though and he said there's never really an ideal time yknow.' He shuffles trying to think of the right words 'But she's apart of you Soph, and I completely accept that. I don't want you to think I'm jumping in, but I want to provide for her like I want to provide for you too.'
Her eyes glance to the monitor then back down to her hands 'I don't want this to come across the wrong way because the role you've took on with mae is just so natural, it makes me wonder if you ever want kids of your own?'
He bites his lips together trying to process his thoughts 'yeah, of course. Just never met the right person I guess' he takes a deep breath 'I've never met anyone like you' he tucks her hair back behind her ears 'we have fun practicing dont we' she looks up and he winks at her causing her to let out a little giggle.
'You are a great father figure to mae' she smiles at him and then takes a deep breath 'and I know it's only been a few months but I can definitely see more babies in our future' she looks back down at her hands twist her ring around her finger.
He takes sophs hand in his, making her look back up at him, his big cheesey grin, eyes crinkled 'I know it's only been a few months but I love you Soph'
She can feel her heart beating hard in her chest at the words, words she's been trying to hold back for weeks. 'I love you jack'