Exit plan

Surely she wasn't going to cause a drama, not today, not in front of all these people? His heart began to race, faster than running for a full 90 minutes on the pitch.

'Jack?' Kevan says through gritted teeth trying to get his attention. But he wasn't there he felt like his soul had left his body, as if he'd died then and there. How did he think he could get away with it. How did he think he could just bypass it like it never happened. You fucking idiot! His inner voice shouting at him.

He looked over at Soph smiling away chatting with his family as they introduce her to various people. He looked back over towards Sara her eyes burning through him. 'Jack for fuck sake' Kevan says again.

'Nah we need to go' jack said glazed eyed and unable to move. His conscience getting the better of him.

Kevan puts his arm round jacks leading him to the hall 'jack we can't just abruptly leave, everyone will suss somethings wrong. You need to go back to that table and act as if you never even saw her.' He puts his hands on his shoulders 'do you understand?'

Jack nods but he feared he couldn't play a convincing roll. He needed an escape plan, something believable. He racked his brain as we walked back to the table. Pep giving him a thumbs up as he passes him.

It hits him! He sits back down at the table 'do yas all fancying going tast tonight? I'll see if pep can get us in?' He says but he can feel the beads of sweat forming on his forehead, his hands clammy too.

Keira eagerly replying yes, excited to post it on Instagram. But his mum was quick to turn it into politer words 'Sounds great if pep doesn't mind?'

With that peps stood behind jack, 'did my star player mention my name' he nudges jacks shoulder. Jacks quick to ask if there was space for the 10 of them tonight at the restaurant. 'It's Boxing Day you know, busy time. But I'm sure we can find space for you! Can you make it around 8?'

Jack looks at his watch it was now 6, by the time they got home and got ready it would be time to head back out, perfect. 'We can do 8 pep!' He says quickly before anyone jumps in.

'I'll phone ahead for you! Enjoy!' He says as goes to make the Phonecall.

'Well we better go get ready then!' Karen says looking around at everyone who's quick to finish their drinks.

He managed to escape, but his thoughts still tormented him on the way home. Kevan quick to keep him in check when he could see him spacing out.

Soph came downstairs in a gorgeous flattering gold silk dress that brushed off her curves and bump perfectly. 'WOW' he said as he looked up at her, she was an actual goddess. Perfectly tanned skin and her long dark hair cascading down her back.

'Not to bad yourself' she said as she checked him out in his slightly unbuttoned black shirt and trousers. Hair perfectly gelled back. 'I'm going to fuck you later' she whispers in his ear as he hugs her.

He slaps her bum 'behave you'
_________________________________

The restaurant was packed but they were super accommodating to jack and his family. They had a large round table and a highchair for mae, once seated they started scanning over the menu.

'Starving I am!' Jack said causing the rest of the table to laugh

'You're always hungry!' His mum shouts across at him

It didn't take long for the drinks to arrive, there was a happy vibe around the table as they all clinked glasses and started discussing the new year.

'The house will actually be completed by the 10th, so we'll have a busy few weeks getting everything moved and sorted before this one arrives' he said rubbing sophs belly.

'He'll come early if you're not careful! Look what happened with our Kevan!' Karen tells the story about when she was 37 weeks pregnant and her waters broke in the local supermarket trying to stock the house up before he arrived.

Kevan laughes 'I'm pretty sure I was just sick of all the Thai green curry's you ate mom' he was probably right, she was so desperate to get him out she tried every old wives tale going.

They waitresses started setting up another large table behind them. 'Looks like we timed it just right or we'd have been waiting ages for food' Jacks dad said nodding towards the table.

'Pep wouldn't have kept us waiting around he'll want me tucked up by 9' jack replied rolling his eyes shortly followed by the waitress going to take their order.

Jack felt kind of relieved now, but he also felt like he needed to tell Soph. It was a mistake, everyone makes mistakes don't they? He was trying to rationalise it in his head, but he knew it was going to break her heart. Soph excused her self to the toilets before the main course came.

She felt like she looked great tonight, the most effort she'd made her whole pregnancy, she was feeling good, a little tired maybe but still overall good. She exits the cubicle and makes her way the basins to wash her hands. She stares at her reflection for a second before topping up her lipstick.

'That's a fabulous colour! Can I ask what shade it is?' The girl at the basin next to her asks eyeing up her lipstick.

Soph smiles as she pretends to read the shade at the bottom of the lipstick, but she's been wearing the same shade for years 'it's Charlotte tilburys Penelope pink' she answers smiling politely before popping it back in her purse.

'You're jacks girlfriend aren't you?' She asks now applying her own lipstick and smacking her lips together.

Soph assumes she must be one of the wags, she'd definitely seen her around before. 'Fiancé' she corrects her holding her hand up showing off her ring.

'Wow that's one hell of a ring' it was, a huge 8 carat diamond settled between two smaller diamonds. Soph thought it was always to flashy for her but it's what jack chose so it had sentimental value to her, she didn't want to change it.

'Yes jack has a very unique taste' she jokes 'sorry I didn't get your name?' She asks removing her hand away from the girls fingers.

'My names Sara'