Baby mama

As she sits on Jack's sofa, pump attached she can't help but feel like a failure. Maes dad left just before she was born, leaving Soph to fend for herself. She'd had gone back to work when mae was 3 months old as being self employed and running a salon she felt like it was the right thing to do financially but also felt insanely guilty for leaving mae. Ada had been great, having no family near by Soph decided to hire a live in nanny, someone mae would be familiar to more like family than a carer and lord knows she needed the help.
'Can I get you any thing' jack shouts from the kitchen. 'A snack, drink, ya want me iPad for abit?' Had he been on google she thought. He was so sweet and caring, he really didn't have to do this.
'What snacks you got hidden away in there? I won't tell pep honest!' She giggles to herself
Jack searching through hes cupboards 'might have some maltesers in here somewhere'
'If your open to sharing them I'm in' she turns around to see jack carrying a lucozade sport and 2 bags of maltesers and sets them on a tray on the sofa arm before heading back to kitchen not wanting to make Soph feel uncomfortable.
'Thanks jack, you didn't have to help you know but I'm glad you did'
'Nah no worries, I'll go dig you a T-shirt out for when your finished' he smiles at her a shuffles off dragging his sliders towards the bedroom.

Once Soph was done she rinsed her attachments and headed to the bathroom where jack had laid out a clean T-shirt wash cloth and a towel for her to clean up. She smiled to herself wondering how a boy with such a reputation be so thoughtful. Although she did think lending her a Dior T-shirt might be abit to much. As she pulls it over her head she can't help but smell his after shave on it, had he sprayed it? Surely not. She half tucks in into her jean for a relaxed look and ruffles her hair in the mirror before heading back to the living room.

'Suits ya that' jack smiled at her in awe, she looked so effortlessly beautiful with her waved dark hair and big blue eyes, the complete opposite to jack.
'Dior though, ya not got a primarni number stash back there somewhere' she teased, jack smile so wide his eyes crinkle at the sides. Jack wasn't her usual type, her previous had always been older, corporates mostly 6ft and over. Stood next to jack she new he was shy of 6ft he wasn't that much taller than Soph who was 5ft6. But there was something about him, how he's so calming, cheeky and she can't deny it anymore, extremely good looking.
'Only the best for you bab' Soph sat down next to him on the sofa feeling bad that she ran out earlier.
'I'm sorry I left so abruptly earlier, I just panicked' her bowed in embarrassment.
Jack reaches his hand out and gently lifts her head up with his fingers under her chin 'it's alright yknow, I'm glad I came after you' his arm now retreated to the back of the sofa. But his knee brushing against hers. 'So your a mum then yeah?' He said without thinking.
Soph smiling 'Yeah I am, I have a little girl 5 months now' she stopped herself, she really did over share baby details to people and now probably wasn't the time for that.
'I'm sure she's beautiful just like her mum then' his eyes fixed on her again, trying to read her but he couldn't.
She smiled as she thinks about mae 'oh yeah but stubborn like a her father' she looks for Jack's reaction, his eyes still intense.
He's not sure if it was a knock back or an opening but he was going for it anyway, 'you have a husband?'
She's feels the space now between their knees that were brushing moments before 'god we were never married but no, just me and mae. And ada, maes nanny' she smiles at him as he discreetly shuffles closer to her 'I really must go jack, I won't run this time but I actually need to get back' she laughs and he beams at her again.
'Well thanks for me hair and that, and well letting me help ya' he runs his hand softly long the sleeve of the T-shirt.
'No thank you' she says standing to leave 'ill get this dry cleaned and back to you. I won't wash it my self, with my track record it'll come back to fit a small child'
They both giggled at the thought and then Soph was back on her way home not soaking in milk this time though.
Was he flirting with her she thought or was he just like that with everyone. Regardless she spent the next few nights sleeping in that T-shirt before she got it dry cleaned and posted back to Jack's apartment.