The power of love

4 months earlier

'Nah I can't do it Soph, me feet jus don't move like that yknow' Jack complains in the middle of the dance lesson that sophs dragged him too. 'We ain't gonna be doing the I've had the time of moi life, it'll be a right shambles'

Soph had seen a TikTok 2 weeks earlier of a couple doing the dirty dancing I've had the time of my life dance and she had high hopes from then on that that would be their first dance, complete with the smoke machines that made the whole video. She'd managed to talk jack round to dance lessons but he couldn't remember 5 steps in a row never mind 50.

He's now laid defeated on the floor how she's seen him in photos when he's lost important matches. 'Shall we just call it a day?' She asks him with a soft tone feeling bad she'd dragged him into it.

He removes his arms from over his face to look at her 'like can't we just learn some spins an that and just make it up as we go along?'

'I think that sounds better' she agrees but her heart equally shattered she won't get the big performance dance she'd seen in that video.
_________________________________

The band had been playing for the last hour, and the caterers are now setting up the buffet table along the back wall.

They'd cut the cake early due to the kids dying for a piece and there was worries that the kids were either going to knock it over or stick there fingers in it repeatedly until there was no cake left.

They didn't mind though, they were both dying to taste it themselves. They'd settled on a lemon and elderflower sponge with white icing, elegantly decorated in fresh flowers matching their colour scheme. The cake topper was of Jack and Soph as a bride and groom, Soph holding out her phone for a selfie and Jack holding up his signature peace sign. It was fitting for them and everyone loved it.

The night crept in and Soph and Jack were called to the dance floor, they stood there under a canopy of fairy lights against the dark night sky as everyone's eyes were on them but Jack was more nervous for the next surprise rather than dancing in front of them all.

He held her hand and walked her into the middle of the dancefloor as the singing started

The whispers in the morning
Of lovers sleeping tight
Are rolling by like thunder now
As I look in your eyes

Sophs eyes darted immediately to stage and then back to Jack in utter shock 'no you didn't!' She says as jack rocks her around the dance floor

I hold on to your whole body
And feel each move you make
Your voice is warm and tender
A love that I could not forsake

'Oh I did!' He says before he starts spinning Soph outwards and back in. Ada and jo setting off confetti canons as the chorus hits

Cause I'm your lady
And you are my man
Whenever you reach for me
I'll do all that I can

She throws her arms up around his shoulders kissing him as he wraps his arms around her back squeezing her tightly that her feet come off the floor spinning her around on the spot, the train of her dress following her as she spins

Even though there may be times
It seems I'm far away
Never wonder where I am
'Cause I am always by your side

Sophs trying not to cry happy tears now as she soaks up the best moment of the day. When they picked this song, she never in a million years thought he'd get Céline dion here, Ed sheeran was a more likely choice. She was in utter shock but she loved it.

'Cause I'm your lady
And you are my man

Jack leans back looking at her and in the most Patrick swayze way possible, scrunching his nose and giving his head a slight wobble as he mimes the words with enthusiasm

Whenever you reach for me
I'll do all that I can

That was her dirty dancing moment, she giggles at him unable to control the smile that's slapped across her face. And then out of no where there's smoke canons and the floor is filled with a thick layer of smoke just like in the tik Tok she banged on about for weeks on end.

As the chorus fires up again they're facing celine on the stage in something that feels completely surreal to Soph, Jack kisses the top of her head again as they cling to one another singing alone to the lyrics arms out wide

Cause I'm your lady
And you are my man
Whenever you reach for me
I'll do all that I can
We're heading for something
Somewhere I've never been
Sometimes I am frightened
But I'm ready to learn
Of the power of love

Celine says a quick congratulations to them down the microphone over the roars of clapping, screaming and wolf whistling coming from the wedding party and staff before she heads back off inside the venue.

'You know earlier, when I said this what a fairy tale ... now this is a fairy tale!' Jack didn't think it was the right moment to tell Soph that it was her mums idea but Caroline was there throughout the whole thing, clipped to his chest.

The guest are now tipsy and starting to flood the dancefloor and Jack goes to get him and Soph a drink after checking on mae and Bennett who are both fast asleep in their pram next to the top table.

'Do you know how much she went on and on about that moment? You did her proud Jack!' Terry says throwing his arm around his shoulder realising he had the pin attached to his pocket 'make sure you retire her before heading back up to your room! She doesn't need to see absolutely everything!!' He says pointing back to Jack before making his way into the huddle of people on the dancefloor.

'Don't worry Caz, I'll make sure ya tucked back up in the velvet box by then' he taps his chest over the pin before heading to the bar.

As he stands waiting for his drinks he looks back at the crowds of friends and family, his sister and mum dancing with Soph on the dance floor, the footy lads had pushed two tables together but both tables were full of shot glasses. Their other half's had moved to a table closer to the dancefloor. His grandad spinning jo around on the dance floor trying to avoid her huge bump.

He looks down towards the beach steps and he can just about make out the ada and someone else sat half way down, her heads leaning on their shoulder as they watch the tide come in. On his way back to the dancefloor he takes a detour for a closer look. And he smiled to himself when he realised who it was. He ruined it last time after the match making everyone leave but here she was now sat on the steps with Ruben Dias as they clink glasses and laugh.

He passes the lads table 'got a shot there for me bro?' He shouts over to Walker who lifts the tray over Jack who simultaneously downs two shots in row, the boys all turn and stare at him.

'Steady on jacky boy! You've got a night of passion to get through yet!' Chilly pokes fun at him!

Jack shakes his head from the shudder of the sambucca. 'Nah I need it for courage' he points his finger at them all swirling it around the group 'I need ya to all go to the dancefloor .. and grab ya missus on the way!'

He try's his best to get everyone to the dancefloor as he heads back over, finally handing Soph a large glass of wine! 'I've got one final surprise for ya!' He says before downing his glasses and placing on the table behind him.

He stumbles off towards the stage grabbing the microphone from the stand 'right I know ya all sick of me by now' he's waving Soph over to the front of the dancefloor. 'Bab I need you at the front please'

'Go on jacky boy' the lads all shout encouragement but with no actual idea of what's going on.

'I'm going to sing ya a song'