Is the party over

Phil had took himself to the dancefloor to film John and jack so Soph swiftly took his seat in the booth. She'd missed the work girls these last few weeks and she was so pleased they could all make it, they were long over due a catch up.
'How you feeling Soph? Carly asks across the table
Soph felt like she'd repeated the line to everyone that had asked her tonight 'I'm doing really well thank you, it's been a hard recovery you know but I couldn't have done it without jack'
'God have you seen these 3 ..' Ellie gasps as she points to the dancefloor, Phils trying to do the worm but just looks like he's being tasered. '.. well that's accurate' jacks now pretending to reel him in like a fish. They're all laughing.
Soph sneaks back to the bartender for a private word and tells him that if she asks for anything alcoholic play along with her but just give her a soft drink of the same nature. He agreed, and says it's not the first time he's heard that request and she heads back to the booth with a tray full of shots, hers being just water. 'Sambucca girls!' She shouts as she hands them out, jo making everyone shout dirty 30 for the millionth time that night.
'Can I just get every ones attention' jo nudges Soph at jack talking down a microphone. 'Firstly, I just want to thank you all for coming to celebrate sophs 30th with us tonight' everyone erupts with applause and whistles 'ya know I can't take all the credit for this set up, I know she won't let me either! So I just want to give a shout out to jo for pulling all this together last minute for us, she's done a cracking job' Soph pulls jo in for a cuddle while John wolf whistle across the room at her. 'I've been told that Soph doesn't like to celebrate birthdays much. But I never in a million years thought she'd try and get out celebrating by being hospitalised with head injury!' Everyone's laughing, and Soph hangs her head down embarrassed 'but we're all grateful you could make it out with us bab, it wouldn't be the same without here really would it' he smiles at her and holds his hand out 'come up here will ya'
She shuffles her way to the platform where he's stood, she can feel everyone eyes and phone on her.
'We've got a little video for you Soph' he spins her round the projector resting his hands on her shoulders, the video starts playing. Jo and Jack had been sending each other picture and videos trying to montage them together in perfect order, there were photos as a teenager, her opening the salon, drunken nights out, when she gave birth to mae and the mum life that came after it. The video finishes with the selfie Jack took at Chester zoo with her and mae. Sophs reaches behind her to grab jacks hand but he's not there. She turn 180 to find him down on one knee, his smile infecting her with happiness. 'I know there's one special person that couldn't be here with us tonight' he nods towards the picture on the screen 'but I couldn't think of a more perfect moment to share with our closest friends and family.' Family? She thought scanning around the room and she sees her mums face in the back. He reaches in his pocket and presents her with a box 'Soph, you are the most gorgeous person I have ever come across, inside and out. You make me a better person, you really do! and I can honestly say the life I've shared with you and mae over the last few months has made me feel whole and that's a feeling I want to have for the rest of my life if you'll let me' he opens the box, the ring almost blinding her 'Soph .. will you marry me?'
She felt wrong accepting his proposal without telling him the truth but this wasn't the time. She kneels down to him, 'a million times yes' she throws her arms around him and he pulls her up from the floor spinning her. They embrace in a kiss and everyone cheering, the picture on the projector changes to a photo of mae in a T-shirt that say 'my mummy said yes' with a picture of a ring next to it. She loved that he hadn't made this just about them, but had made it about them becoming a family.
'There's just one more thing before you run off' he puts his arm out to stop her and hands he an envelope and she looks up at him. 'You don't have to open it now'
Jo shouts over everyone 'fucking open it' making everyone laugh again.
She slides the papers out of the envelope 'adoption papers?' She's crying now, happy tears but they're coming thick and fast.
'I want us to be a family Soph, I love you both' she's nodding again. This wasn't how she expected her night to go at all, but her 30th couldn't have been anymore perfect.
________________________________

Soph had been speaking to her mum on the phone almost every day since her accident. Jack had been keeping her updated regularly throughout her hospital stay and they'd created a nice little bond. She doesn't think there's a single person he couldn't get on side. So when Jack asked her permission to propose to Soph, she was thrilled!
'Come here you two!' She pulls them both in for a hug and kiss 'congratulations!' Jack keeps his arm firmly round sophs waist 'you look like you were made for each other stood there like that'
Soph looks up at Jack and he kisses her 'thanks mum' she says as she feels the bubble of happiness she felt when they were first together come back and it was if nothing else mattered.
'I don't want to be a party pooper or anything, but can we go home soon' she's pulling at jacks T-shirt remembering their deal from earlier.
John stood next to them with jo 'ah is the party over already?' He shouts disappointedly looking at his watch, but it was already 1am
'The party's definitely not over John, stay and enjoy it till closing if you wish' she smiles at jo who's shaking her head back at her
'Please do not encourage him' but it was to late he was already heading back to the dance floor.