This old thing

Soph actually had no intention of coming out tonight she just want to stay in and cuddle mae but it was Jo's 30th and the rest of the staff were attending. She hadn't actually been out on a Thursday night since her college days, and she was worried she would feel more like a mum than she already did. But jo said thursdays are the new Friday to make her feel better about it.

'Nah she never, ya lying aren't ya' jack said in fits of laughter over the story about how Ella broke her ankle. 'Nor I feel like it's my fault that'
'Yeah it's you fault for being so handsome' stones poking jack.
Jack rolling his eyes 'behave stones it's only you that thinks that, am I right Soph?' Turning to Soph fishing for a compliment.
'I cannot confirm nor deny' giggling she knew that he knew he was good looking, she'd seen that picture of him in his England kit hands behind his head completely eye fucking the camera, it comes up constantly in the works group chat.
Jack smiles at her like he could read what she was thinking. He leans into Soph to make sure she can hear him clearly 'ya wanna come outside?' He points to the balcony.
The girls were dancing away, while Ella was next to them chair bopping. 'Sure' not sure if she'd instantly regret the decision.

Outside on the balcony, it was as elaborate as inside, huge flower walls, gold chairs and tables and roped lights hanging above them. Jack sat next to Soph on an outdoor sofa closest to the heater. 'So how comes your out on a school night?' He asks her head cocked to the side.
'In all honesty jack, I really didn't want to come' she felt instantly bad for saying it out loud. 'That's bad isn't it, not wanting to attend you friends 30th birthday celebrations'
He softens his face an places his hand on her bare knee and she can feel the goosebumps consuming her again 'Not really, I'd rather be at home too. Just here to be a wingman really aren't I' he looks her in the eye as she smiles at him knowing that if he hadn't seen her, he would be here with someone else.
'Just a wingman yeah' she looks at him curiously trying to read his expression, till they both start laughing again. She love how comfortable she felt around him, maybe a little to comfortable. 'You have a thing about views?' She points out over the balcony.
'Only when I'm with you Soph' he eyes her up and down 'you look stunning by the way bab' he wasn't lying either she did. Her dark hair all down cascading down passed her shoulders, she borrowed a dress from Katie, a gold oh Polly dress with encrusted spaghetti straps, corseted waist a ruched detailing on the skirt which finished just above her knee. It hugged her in all the right places, she did feel a lot curvier since having mae, and a little conscious of her tummy but the ruching helped.
'Better than a milk soaked T-shirt right?' She smiled looking down and up from where he placed his hand.
'I dunno yknow, it might catch on.. Trend setting!' He reached out and tucked her hair behind her ear. 'That dress should be illegal though, wow' he stroked his hand along the silky fabric.
She felt her breath deepen with his touch. 'Oh this old thing?' She wasn't going to tell him she order 5 dresses before giving in to Katie's pleas to try this one.
'Ya look like Megan Fox yknow!' His expression seeming pretty impressed with his comparison but sophs trying to work out how much he'd actually had to drink from the 6 words that had just left his mouth. 'Soph?' He asks
'Yes jack?' She watches him ruffle his hair before it flops back framing his face.
His smile widens, 'ya got a bobble on ya?'
Reaching for her clutch 'of course I have a bobble on me jack, I'm a hairdresser' she takes the bobble out her bag and passes it to him 'but don't for one second think I'm braiding it again!' She thinks she's put her foot down but he gives her the most adorable puppy eye she'd ever seen.
'Ahhhh pleassssee' he pokes his bottom lip out at her.
She surrenders 'fine!' As she holds her hand in the hair. 'But you'll have to sit down here though' he straight away shifts himself to the floor and relaxes his head back on her lap. She starts braiding and his hand starts caressing her right leg. She feels distracted but doesn't want him to stop.
'Do ya dance Soph?' His face looking peaceful as she played with his hair. 
Fixing the braid with a bobble 'to the right music I guess I do' she laughs inwardly at the thought of her dancing
Jack tilts his head further back to meet her gaze 'you wanna hit the dancefloor then?'

On the dancefloor jo was all over stones like he was paying for a private dance and phil had ella on his back spinning her round as the girls were trying the keep her skirt covering her bum. 'Looks like they haven't missed us!' Jack with his arm around Soph pulling her in. Just as they reached everyone, the next song starts .. "Oh, place your hands on my hope".. 'I love this song' jack beams at her and takes both of sophs hands and starts moving her around the dancefloor. 'Put your hands up, put your hands up' She really didn't have the heart to tell him the lyrics were put your hands on but she went with it, he was enjoying himself. He pulled her in close, one hand on her back and the other in a kind of waltz hold. Her head resting on his chest from the dizziness of all the spinning but she soon became further intoxicated by his aftershave. She spent a few moments trying to work out what it was but she couldn't, everything felt hazy from the amount of Prosecco she'd drank. Then a slow song came on, the last song of the night, how did that happen Soph thought lost in time.
The intro kicks in .. 'yesss jacky boy' stones and Phil both punching jacks shoulder and jabbing him. Jack starts singing 'I was her .. she was me .. we were one .. we were freeeee' then spinning Soph around slowly and drawing her back in but looking straight in her eyes 'and if there's somebody calling me on .. she's the one' his hand now stroking her cheek before they were both grabbed to join the huddle formed by they're friends with Ella still on Phils back. In unison they all start singing 'When you get to where you want to go .. And you know the things you want to know.. You're SMIIIIILING!!' Jo catching sophs gazed across the huddle and winks at her 'When you said what you want to say .. And you know the way you want to play it.. You'll be so high you'll be flyyyyyinng' she feels Jack's hand gripping hers tight and in that moment she was glad she came out tonight.