The aftermath

Over the course of the last week everything had been perfect. Jack attended to Soph every last need, even when see was craving McDonald's chicken nuggets and banana milkshake at 2am. They were happy in there new found baby bubble.
This morning jack had got up at 5am and headed the make shift gym he'd created in sophs basement. He was half way through his run when notifications frantically start flashing on his phone. He ignores them for a further 15 minutes till he sets the treadmill on cool down and catches his breath.
All the notifications coming from news reporters, his heart sank, he new he only had notifications set for news about himself and city hadn't given him a heads up about anything being leaked.
He leaned against the wall as he opened the first article 'city's most expensive player is finally settling down' a picture of him proposing to soph. His blood boiling knowing that this had come from a friend or relative. The next article 'grealish is seeing double, city's attacker expecting twins early next year' he throws his phone across the room in anger then slumps the floor his head dipping in his hands.
He'd tried everything he could to keep Soph and mae safe. They kept a very private life off social media to avoid any backlash or death threats. Soph was so pure, she didn't deserve any kind of hate or harassment.
He stands up and heads for the shower but as he's leaving he hears another notification he retrieves his phone 'love islands favourite shares saucy messages with grealish while his new fiancé shops for baby essentials' FUCK.
________________________________

He watches Soph sleep, her hands cradling her small formed bump. Her worlds going to shatter, he regrets even replying to her. And they weren't saucy really, he just said she looked good in her bikinis on LI. He was happy wasn't he? Looking at Soph he had everything, a finance, a beautiful daughter soon to be his own, and twins on the way. He walked into the nursery Soph had already started planning for them. He sat in the rocking chair and held the tiny pair of knitted football boots his mam had sent over 'we don't even know if either of them are a boy yet mom' he rolled his eyes at her over face time as he opened the package she sent them. This is what he wanted wasn't it? He loved Soph! But why did he feel the need to reply to Maura.
He passed ada in the hall on the way back to the bedroom 'good morning Ada' he smiles at her but she stares through him.
'Morning' she replied bluntly before making her way to the kitchen.
Shit, she knew. And if Ada knew Soph would know, he goes back the bedroom to wake her but as he enters a glass of water comes hurtling passed his head before it shatters against the wall. 'Get out now' she shouts through her tears, but jack still heads towards her. 'I don't want to hear anything you have to say right now, just get out' she bats him away.
He looks at her knowing he'd broken her heart, he was just as bad as maes dad wasn't he. 'Soph it's not what you think, it's twisted you can read the messages, look!' He holds his phone out the screen smashed from throwing it against the basement wall.  'Someone's leaked out engagement photos aswell. I'm going to have to hire security for you and mae' he try's to hold her hand but she snatches it away.
'The only person I need security from right now jacks is you. I need to calm down just looking at you infuriates me, I can't breath.' He watches her chest as it rises and falls with speed.
He stands up 'Soph I need to go to training but please can we speak later, just let me explain' her head looking down at her hands as she nods. He showers but when he returns she's gone. He makes the bed before grabbing his training bag and heads downstairs, mae in the kitchen with ada having breakfast. He kisses maes head and says his good byes as Ada watches him through a scowl. He can't help but wonder where Soph had gone, her car wasn't on the drive either.
______________________________

She knocks frantically on the front 'please open its me' she's shouting as she continues to thump her fist against the door. She stands there still dressed in her pjs, bed head, tears running down her cheeks. The door opens but she find John the other side of it 'Soph' he said surprised to see her 'come in, you okay? Jos just getting a shower' he ushers her in before embracing her in a hug 'what's he done now?' 
She looks up at him but she can't even get her words out, she just sobs into his chest. The feeling of heartbreak she felt from Adam all over again but worse. 'Go an sit down I'll make you a sugary cuppa' he smiles as she makes her way to the sofa. When he returns she's curled up in a ball fast asleep.
'Pregnancy does things like that you know' jo laughs at him puzzled by her behaviour 'zaps every last bit of energy! And she's growing two human so, extra zaps and that' John pulls her in and kisses her before leaving for training.
Soph wakes an hour later and explains everything to jo. As furious as she was she did say Soph needed to hear jacks side of the story. It could be something made out of nothing for attention.
They agree to head out baby shopping to take her mind off things, jo lends Soph some clothes before they head into town. They were browsing the local mamas and papas while shopping for gender neutral clothes 'are you going to find out' jo looks up from the rail she's flicking through.
'We're suppose to find out on Monday but I just done know if I want to' she pushes her lips into a straight line
Jo moves round next to Soph 'does Jack want to' of course Jack wants to she thought.. Jack he wants everything doesn't he.
But she just reply's 'Yes' before noticing a commotion outside. 'We better go before it gets out of control' she points to the paps outside trying to take photos of her through the window.
Jo puts her arm around Soph as they walk through the small crowd 'back off will you' she pushes them away with her spare hand but someone grabs it and pull her to the floor. She looks up at Soph the paps now swarming her like bees as she try's to move away, she trips but she doesn't know whether to protect her head or belly 'jo' she shouts as everything's going darks, she panicking, her chest feeling tight. She knew in that moment Jack was right, she needed security.