Mince pies and carrots

The cold nights were creeping in with only a week till Christmas. Soph had now officially finished work, and had spent endless sleepless nights wrapping presents. She'd also started to get incredibly uncomfortable, her bump was huge, a lot bigger than with mae. She had the anxiety that came with the final weeks of pregnancy, worrying if she had everything, what the birth would be like.

There was also alot of stress around the new house, they were just waiting for everything to be finalised before getting the keys at the beginning of the new year, leaving only 3-4 weeks before the baby arrives. Soph felt kind of sad that the nursery jack had surprised her with last month was now going to be a distant memory but he promised it would be the first thing to do once they move.

Jack had been non stop with training and matches, he'd been away most weekends this month due to away games although he FaceTimed her and mae right after training and every night before bed.

Soph had done most of the Christmas shopping online this year, her paranoia for shopping was at an all time high after tragedy that led her to losing the second twin. She just couldn't face it, but jack and Ada understood completely. 'It'll be easier for ya bab, don't want ya  lugging loads of shopping about anyway. Can't have you doing anything to bring on labour while I ain't here' jacks words of wisdom before he left for London last week.

It was also the first year since leaving home that Soph hadn't cooked Christmas dinner. Jack had insisted she took it easy and had hired caterers to fill the role. 'Can I at least do the decorations jack, I'm not a fucking invalid I'm just pregnant' she flustered at him yesterday morning as she rummaged through the wardrobe for something to fit. 'I'm ready for this baby now, I can't do another 8 weeks. I won't fit through the door!' She protested as he stood behind her kissing her neck.

'Ya beautiful Soph, like absolutely perfect' he ran his fingers through her thick glossy hair 'see even ya hairs better than mine' she rolled her eyes and nudged his shoulder before attempted to put her leggings on.

'I can't bend Jack I just can't.' She launches the leggings on to the bed  'As soon as I lean forward, his foots in my bleeding lung and I can't breathe!'

He retrieves the leggings as she sits on the side of the bed. He kneels down to her feet gliding the leggings on before pulling them up with ease. He kisses her belly 'don't be fouling mammys lungs again, or I'll have to red card ya'

'Send him his eviction notice more like!' She frowns down at her tummy but jacks just grinning up at her so big his eyes are fully crinkled at the sides. She runs her hand along his cheek admiring his freckles. 'When are you home?' She asks already knowing the answer

'Wednesday morning! But I'm sure you'll sleep better in the bed without me, loads more space for you to get comfy!' He cups the hand she's held to his face and kisses it.

'But who's going to help me out of bed when I need a wee in the night?' She pokes her bottom lip out giving him her best puppy dog face.

He pulls her in for a hug 'I'd stay if I could bab, I really would! You need to rest, we've got a busy few months!' He turns around putting his toiletry bag in his cream Gucci back pack 'and don't for one second think about packing anything up! I don't want Ada messaging me telling me your up to no good, ya get me?' He shots her stern look

'Yes daddy' she replies. But jacks minds taken back to the night of their engagement party. He shakes the thought away.

'Right taxis here!' He kisses her before popping his bag on his shoulders 'give mae a kiss for me too, I don't want to wake her' he brings her in for another cuddle, before leaning down to her bump his lips almost brushing her skin 'and be good for mammy aswell you, let her sleep' he whispers before kissing the top of her bump.
________________________________

City won 1-0, Jack had a great assist to Sterling. Pep was pleased with their efforts and he wished them all a merry Christmas but told them not to enjoy them selfs to much. The Boxing Day game was only round the corner. The boys all looked at each other with rolling eyes, gone of the days getting absolutely shit faced at Christmas and Boxing Day pub crawls. The boys all shared their Christmas plans and hug each other as they all left the bus one by one.

Soph was at home waiting for him when he walked through the door with mae bouncing on her knee 'here's my girls!!!' He shouts loudly before kissing and cuddling them both before Ada walks in the room, 'you to Ada! Come on!!' He waves her into a group hug.

'I can't breathe Jack' Soph laughs at his tight grip

He's now bouncing up and down like a small child mae giggling at him, 'sorry just excited yknow! Christmas, new year, new beginnings!' He was hopeful that come the new year, every bad thing that had happened this year would be wiped clean. He was optimistic to say the least.

Christmas Eve they'd settled mae to bed early in her elf onesie before heading downstairs to set up presents for the morning 'Jesus Soph, ya gone abit mad ain't ya?' Jack remarks as he's hoying Santa sacks down the stairs.

Jack, Soph and Ada all sat round the fire watching home alone before retiring to bed. Jacks looks around the front room feeling nostalgic. He hadn't had a Christmas away from home this good, it felt just like his mums house on Christmas Eve. A little lightbulb went off in his head just before Soph turned the lights out 'nah wait! We ain't put any carrots or mince pies out!'

The girls look at each other and giggle 'are you for real Jack?' Ada mocks as Soph head into the kitchen before returning with a plate complete with a carrot mince pie and a glass of milk.

'That's better!' He exhales as he sets it down in front of the mountains of presents

'Come on softy let's get you to bed!' Soph takes his arm before switching the front room light out and he guides her cautiously up the stairs to bed.