9

Homeroom was uneventful, as was lunch that followed. Jungkook gets the impression he will finish the week unscathed. With literature as the next class on his schedule, Jungkook heads to his locker to retrieve his books. On the way, Naeun rudely intercepts him.

"Any news?" Naeun says, leaning beside Jungkook's locker. She looks at her phone calendar, which has deadline written in big fat bold. "You know what that means?" She asks, knowing that Jungkook snooped a look at her phone.

Jungkook scoffs, opening his locker.

"Are you ignoring me?" She asks.

"No. I'm just on a time limit here," Jungkook says. "I'm not going to let you make me late for literature again."

Naeun rolls her eyes.

"Don't get your knickers in a twist yet. I have good news," Jungkook boasts.

She raises a brow. "He said yes?"

Jungkook closes his locker, his textbooks now resting in the cradle of his arms. "Yeah, but there's a catch."

Naeun narrows her eyes, waiting for Jungkook to continue.

"You have to bring Eunji," Jungkook finally says, already bracing himself for her reaction.

A veil of silence coats their conversation before Naeun smashes it with a loud, "What?!"

Jungkook shudders.

"He has the hots for Eunji?!" Naeun scowls, going to bang the locker with her hand, refraining from making contact at the last second.

"I didn't know how else to get him to agree."

Naeun's mouth gapes open. "Wait... maybe you have the hots for Eunji?"

"No! I don't." Jungkook's throat contracts, causing him to let out an exaggerated gag. "Don't you think I have any interest in any of this."

Naeun puts a hand to her stomach, filling the halls with laughter.

"Shh!" Jungkook places a finger to his lips, hoping onlookers aren't listening in.

"Out of all the people, you picked Eunji?" Naeun calms her breathing, small giggles still escaping.

Jungkook frowns. "What's wrong with her?"

"She's a lesbian!"

Jungkook gasps, putting a hand on his chest. "What's wrong with being a lesbian?"

Naeun rolls her eyes. "You know what I mean. I can't believe Taehyung agreed to set you up with one."

Wrinkles begin to fold in Jungkook's forehead. Naeun has a point. Why on earth did Taehyung agree to put him through this embarrassment? If she's a lesbian—which everyone bar him seemed to know. That means a relationship with Jungkook is out of the cards, leaving Jungkook with a degrading rejection. What kind of friend would do that? What is his goal? Humiliation?

"Tuesday," Naeun says, interrupting Jungkook's thoughts. "Make it a date. I'll somehow get Eunji to come." She chuckles to herself again. "Hilarious."

"Shut up."

It's fine. All Jungkook has to do is endure one day with Naeun and Eunji. He just hopes that Taehyung and Naeun don't hit it off, not because he's jealous; it just wouldn't be convenient for him. The faster this Naeun situation is dealt with, the quicker he can go back to his normal life.

💌

Jungkook meets Taehyung in the hallway before walking into literature together. Mrs Jang is already standing in front of the class with the attendance roll in her hand—Naeun had almost made him late. Jungkook's muscles release with relief with that knowledge. He'd rather not be on Mrs Jang's bad side.

He rests his textbooks onto the desk, causing a slip of paper to fly onto the ground. He ducks down to grab the paper before taking his seat. Unfolding it, he realises what it is: A note. A note that he didn't write.

Your name is cute and all... But I'm gonna have to call you mine.

...

...

...

💌

A.N: We are back to where the story starts now 💜