40

After hours in the library, Jungkook is trying to catch up on lost time regarding his studies. Taehyung is at work, so Jungkook decided to self-study and so far it's been vibing—at least the Lo-Fi music he's playing is; not the actual studying. Exams are approaching, so it's crucial he gets his head back into the books.

"Jungkook." Someone sits across from Jungkook, prompting him to take his earphones off.

"Seokjin?" Jungkook furrows his brows. "Here to study?"

"Sure." Seokjin puts his bag on the table, fetching out his laptop.

Weird. Exchanges with Seokjin are rare but more frequent since they became partners in cooking class—but they're not in class. What does he want?

"Did you hear about what happened in the theatre?" Seokjin says, opening the laptop. He glances up at Jungkook, who twitches.

"No?" Jungkook fake smiles, hoping no one else has found out about him kissing Taehyung in the theatre.

Seokjin leans back in the chair, crossing his arms casually. "Apparently, there were two people caught having sex in there."

Jungkook's stomach drops. "That's not what happened!"

"Oh?" Seokjin brings his hand up to his chin in thought. "Were you there?"

Jungkook shakes his head profusely. "W-Why would I be there?" He gulps. "I just don't believe that would happen."

Seokjin hums in response.

Are the rumours about Jungkook and Taehyung? Who could say such things? And how the hell did it escalate from kissing to sex? One person keeps coming to mind—Soobin. It can't be. He gathers his stuff, deciding he needs a change of environment.

"Leaving already?" Seokjin looks confused. "Is it something I said?"

Jungkook ignores him. He needs to talk to Taehyung.

💌

Taehyung is bored. Today is a slow day at work, which means he has to look busy when there's absolutely nothing to do. He wipes over clean tables to make them extra clean. He talks to customers asking how their food is to take their dirty dishes earlier. Easy money tonight; that's what Yoongi would say. Yoongi can get away with being on his phone all shift cause he's the shift supervisor now. Taehyung, however, is still a team member. He'd love to live in an alternative reality where he could boss Yoongi around, lean on the counter and delegate.

Jungkook storms into the restaurant, disrupting the peace, sitting at an empty table, glaring at Taehyung.

He walks up to Jungkook with a questioning look. "What are you doing here?" He puts a hand on Jungkook's shoulder—it feels tense. "Are you hungry?"

"They know."

Taehyung looks to see if Yoongi is watching before sitting across from Jungkook, turning the chair so he can lean his arms on the backrest. "Are the exams getting to you?"

"People say that we had sex in the theatre room," Jungkook says, putting his face into his hands, shaking his head.

"What? No, we didn't." Taehyung stands, thanking a leaving customer. "Where'd you hear that?"

"I knew we shouldn't have."

Taehyung clears the table next to Jungkook's table. "Are you sure they are talking about us? I mean, we only kissed. Maybe we should have done more if they were going to say it."

Jungkook frowns, leaning back in the chair. "Well, the rumour doesn't explicitly say it was us. But that's not the point."

"Then there's nothing to worry about." Taehyung shrugs, going to the back to put the dirty dishes in the sink. Yoongi and Hoseok are sharing a meal.