37

Jungkook is in panic mode. He's been caught in a lie, but not only that, Taehyung didn't just walk in by himself; he walked in with Mina. Mina out of all people?! What the hell are they doing hanging together?

"Why is that bitch here?" Naeun whispers into Jungkook's ear.

"I don't know?" Jungkook said, looking puzzled. His heart drops when he makes eye contact with Taehyung-the look Taehyung gives Jungkook is a mix of surprise and disappointment. How will Jungkook explain this?

"Hi guys~" Mina grins, grabbing a chair to sit at their table. "You don't mind if we sit here?"

Taehyung is silent as he also grabs a chair, sitting next to Naeun after she moves her bag.

"Yes, we mind. You can't sit with us," Naeun snaps. "No one invited you." She turns to Taehyung. "You can stay, though." She winks.

"Don't be a grouch, Naeun," Mina says, her grin still prevalent. "We're all friends here."

Jungkook and Naeun snort in unison.

Jungkook does a small wave to Taehyung, who looks uninterested.

"Funny seeing you here," Taehyung says nonchalantly.

Yep, Taehyung is mad. Jungkook doesn't know how he'll explain this one.

"What are you two doing here, anyway?" Naeun asks, taking another bite of her food.

"I asked Mina if she can help me with my assignments," Taehyung says.

Jungkook pushes his plate towards Taehyung as a peace offering, but he rejects it, pushing it back. Jungkook has barely touched his food, and it's probably going to be left untouched since he has no appetite. He stands up, excusing himself to the washroom.

"Don't leave me alone here," Naeun whisper-shouts to Jungkook, but he shrugs her off.

When he walks into the bathroom, he makes a beeline to the sink. He tries to calm his nerves by splashing cold water on his face. A little pep talk in the mirror gives him the courage to walk back out, but when he looks over to their table he is shocked to see that Taehyung and Mina are gone.

"Where'd they go?" Jungkook asks.

Naeun takes one last fork full of pancake that looks like it had soaked up a whole bar of butter before saying, "They went somewhere else. Taehyung wanted to leave."

No. This can't be happening. He needs to clear up the misunderstanding.

"What's wrong?" Naeun asks. "You look constipated. Did you not go to the toilet?"

"I told Taehyung I was helping my Mum with something but he caught me here with you," Jungkook says.

"Okay... So you lied about seeing me? Why?" Naeun takes Jungkook's plate and starts eating.

"If I told him the truth, he would have insisted on coming. How are we meant to talk about Mina if he were here?"

Naeun laughs. "It would have been better if he just heard the conversation. Are you an idiot?" Naeun shakes her head, taking a sip of water. "He needs to know that she's a snake."

"I've tried telling him before. He doesn't believe me. He'll just think I'm being jealous."

Naeun rolls her eyes. "You guys act like you're a couple or something. Gross. I never got his obsession with you."

Jungkook takes the plate back. "You can't eat my food if you're going to be like this."

Naeun pouts.

"I'd like to read that notebook now. Maybe I'll just ask Mina," Jungkook says.