5

It seems Soobin is now a regular at their lunch table. Jungkook told Taehyung all about the events that happened that morning, Soobin nodding along to the story. Soobin looks happy. Jungkook doesn't mind; in fact, Soobin's presence is refreshing—even if at first, Jungkook was indifferent.

Jungkook even went as far as exchanging details with the boy, which is a big deal. Jungkook's social media presence is near non-existent, but now he has Soobin to message—if the feeling ever arises.

This contentment is short-lived. A girl walks up to their table, tilting her head with a small smile. "Excuse me, is this spot taken?"

Taehyung looks at the girl, mouth gaping. Jungkook can imagine gears turning in Taehyung's head.

Does he find her attractive?

Does he know her?

Jungkook hopes not. He can't pinpoint this feeling taking over his body. He wants to scream 'no', but he knows it would be rude.

"Sure," Jungkook finally says.

"Thank you," she says, side-eyeing Taehyung.

Of course. She's just like all the others.

She slides into the spot next to Taehyung.

"Are you— I mean, what is your name?" Taehyung asks.

"Mina. I'm new here. Transferred a few weeks ago."

"Is that so," Taehyung says as a statement rather than a question. "Nice to meet you."

"Your names?" She asks, glancing at the others, then focusing back on Taehyung.

"Across from me is Jungkook. Next to him is Soobin," Taehyung says.

Soobin waves, mouthing 'hi'.

Continuing, Taehyung points to himself. "And my name is Taehyung."

She nods. "Nice to meet you all."

Jungkook notices Taehyung's mood shift to something more uncomfortable; Jungkook ignores, his mind drifting to if he should continue his note scheme.

He pulls Soobin aside, excusing the two from the group—the classic 'we're going to the bathroom, be right back' excuse. Anyway, they do end up going to the bathroom.

"Can I ask you a huge favour?" Jungkook starts, closing the two into a cubical—yes, he's going a bit overboard, but that's the vibe he feels is required(top secret shit here).

"Uh— Sure. What are we doing in a cubical again?" Soobin glances around. "People might think we are—"

Jungkook hushes Soobin. He hands Soobin one of the notes he wrote Are you a designer? I think you are my style (genius, thank google)—closing Soobin's hand over it. "I need you to take this to my literature class, like, right now. Place it on the seat two rows from the back, all the way to the side where the window is."

Soobin furrows his brows. "What's the room number?"

"209."

Soobin nods with caution. "Why am I doing this again?"

"It's a prank. For Taehyung," Jungkook says. "I'll buy you lunch tomorrow if you do it."

"Okay."

"Thank you." Jungkook goes in for a hug; he can feel Soobin's muscles tense under his arms. Retracting, he smiles. "By the way, whatever you do, don't get caught."

Soobin nods, brushing out the crinkles in his shirt.

"Oh, and don't open it," Jungkook adds.

"Okay. Got it. Don't get caught and don't open it."

Jungkook nods, turning to unlock the cubical. "I'm going to go back to the table. See you after class, yeah?"

"Sure."

Jungkook rushes back to Taehyung, seeing him happily laughing at something Mina had said. There's that feeling again. If this is how he's going to feel every lunch that Mina attends, then he doesn't want to partake. Maybe he can convince Taehyung to bring their lunch out on the lawns tomorrow.

"Where's Soobin?" Taehyung asks.

"Oh—uh, he's... still in the toilet. I didn't want to wait any longer."

💌

Walking into literature class, Jungkook looks to his desk expectantly. What he expects; however, is not what he receives. Where is the note?

He moves his seat, looks under the table, looks around to see if anyone else is holding it, but he finds nothing.

Groaning, Jungkook goes to send Soobin a message, but it seems that Soobin has already beat him to it.

Soobin:

Sorry Jungkook!! Someone saw me in the hallway and I had to run away. The note must have slipped out of my pocket I can't find it. Please don't be mad!! I'll buy you lunch tomorrow instead to make up for it. I'm really sorry😭😭😭

Well then. Jungkook is faced with a situation, if only he didn't write 'to Jungkook' on the note. Fuck. How embarrassing. He scans the room again, looking to see who could have possibly stopped Soobin from placing the note.

Sitting a few rows away from Jungkook in the far right, the guy from the infirmary catches his eye. It couldn't be him? His eyes then wander to Mina—he wasn't expecting to see her in class. It couldn't have been her either since she was in the cafeteria with Taehyung the whole time. With no real leads, Jungkook decides that aimlessly looking around won't solve his situation.

"I'm doomed," Jungkook groans.

"What?" Taehyung asks, looking to Jungkook's desk.

Jungkook's life is over. Everyone is going to know he wrote the notes. He's going to drop out and—

"Hey, you don't have a note today." Taehyung dully points out. "Is that what you were looking for?"

Jungkook's cheeks flush. "No. Why would I be looking for a stupid note? I don't need them anyway."

A smirk crosses Taehyung's face. "Is that so? To me, it looks like you were hoping to see one. Your face is too easy to read."

Jungkook frowns. "Well, your face is... is... stupid." Stupidly attractive, is what he nearly says before catching himself.

"Nice insult," Taehyung says, chuckling. "Anyway, enough of that." Taehyung turns to the front, watching Mrs Jang flick through her class planner. Jungkook has always thought her glasses don't suit her face, especially now that they have fallen down the bridge of her nose. Taehyung looks good in glasses— he used to wear the fake kind that hipsters wore before they became too cool.

"I assume you've all done the reading?" Mrs Jang says, glancing at Jungkook while she adjusts her glasses—did she read his thoughts?

"Mina seems nice, don't you think?" Taehyung asks, eyes still on the front.

"You've only just met her." Jungkook honestly doesn't want to think about Mina. Perhaps it was the way Taehyung's mouth gaped when she sat at their table that has made Jungkook territorial. Taehyung's mouth doesn't gape for anyone—not that he cares or anything.

"That is why I said seems."

"Whatever."He doesn't care. He really doesn't care. He has other things to careabout, like where the hell the note went.

💌 

A.N: 

Thank you for reading. I appreciate your votes and comments 💜