29

Why is Taehyung still playing these games with Jungkook? Jungkook wants to know why he sent him a note again after all that happened with the other notes. He's upset but desperate to talk to him.

He waits and waits, almost giving up. The gym storage room reminds him of that one time he moaned Taehyung's name during their make-out session—he was blindfolded and couldn't help himself. And he remembers being left dry and alone. Trauma. He wouldn't dare to moan his name again, even privately. There's so much guilt built up.

The door slowly opens, pulling Jungkook out of his thoughts.

"Jungkook?" Taehyung's voice cracks.

"Taehyung." Jungkook is on the verge of tears already. "You wanted me?"

"I—" Taehyung stops, pointing at the door and then to Jungkook, looking confused. "Did you write—"

"I'm tired of the mind games," Jungkook says, approaching Taehyung.

"Wait—"

Jungkook stops in front of Taehyung, only mere centimetres apart. He can feel Taehyung breathing. "Is this what you want?"

"Jungkook—"

Jungkook kisses Taehyung. Taehyung kisses back, his hands snaking up Jungkook's back, pulling him closer. They kiss like they've been apart for years—it's what it feels like for Jungkook. He misses this so much. He doesn't want all this feelings bullshit, all he needs is Taehyung's lips, and it's enough, enough to keep Jungkook from going insane.

Taehyung stops, pulling back. "But what about Jimin?"

"Who?" Jungkook leans in, kissing Taehyung again.

Taehyung smiles into the kiss, biting down on Jungkook's bottom lip.

They pull apart again. "What about you not telling me about having a part-time job?" Jungkook asks.

Taehyung grins. "I was going to surprise you with my first paycheck."

Jungkook's heart swells. No. He can't be fooled. It means nothing. Having expectations is asking to be hurt.

"And what the hell was all that, holding hands with Jimin, huh? Were you on a date?" Taehyung asks.

Jungkook awkwardly laughs, scratching the back of his head. "It's a long story, but we weren't on a date—well, actually it was, but—"

"It was a date?!" Taehyung crosses his arms.

"A fake one!" Jungkook tries to budge Taehyung's arms open.

"Why on earth would you fake date Jimin?"

"Because he was trying to make Yoongi jealous." Jungkook quickly covers his mouth, feeling bad for exposing Jimin so easily.

"Wait, what?"

The door opens, making the two boys look at the intruder.

"Oh, thank goodness," A guy in our homeroom says. His name is Hoseok—he has his hair up with a headband too. "We're looking for you everywhere! The relay is about to start."

Jungkook and Taehyung look at each other before smiling.

"Okay, let's go." Taehyung and Hoseok walk out the door. Jungkook follows but stops, noticing a piece of paper fall out of Taehyung's pocket.

Jungkook picks it up and reads;

Meet me in the gym storage room

It's the same as the note Jungkook has. He compares the two, and yes, indeed, they're identical. Did Taehyung write doubles? Strange.