41

Jungkook leans back in his chair, flinging his pen around his finger, watching the letters and numbers dance around on the exam paper. Looking around, everyone seems focused-a mixture of stress and ease. The ones who look at ease stress Jungkook out the most, but at least he can assume he's not the only one struggling.

Two desks down and one across is Taehyung. He's sleeping. Jungkook assumes he's already finished his paper. Must be nice.

He groans, trying to pull himself together. He reads the next question.

Multiple choice; He has a one in four chance of getting the question right. He circles at random. D, because he likes that letter.

After what seems like an eternity, the timer goes off-a mixture of relief and distraught fills the room and they're advised to wait for all the papers to be collected before they can leave.

Taehyung turns to Jungkook, putting his thumb up with a charming grin, mouthing, 'how'd you go?'

Jungkook lifts his thumb up, mimicking Taehyung; however, it's not convincing. Taehyung senses Jungkook needs some cheering up and sends shooting hearts with his fingers Jungkook's way.

Soobin, who's sitting next to Jungkook, groans.

"Are you okay?" Jungkook asks.

Soobin pouts, looking at Jungkook with distraught eyes.

"It's okay, Soobin. I'm in the same boat," Jungkook says to comfort him.

"I think I got one question wrong," Soobin says, like the world is ending.

Jungkook raises an eyebrow. "Okay, never mind. We're definitely not in the same boat."

They're dismissed, and everyone congregates in the halls. Jimin rushes up to the three, looking cheerful.

"Guys, guys! It's finally over," Jimin says, throwing his arms around Taehyung and Jungkook. "We should celebrate."

"BBQ?" Taehyung suggests, his eyes lighting up.

Jungkook removes Jimin's arm from his shoulder, brushing the creases away. "Where are we going to get the money for that?"

Taehyung pouts.

"Why don't we have it at my place?" Jimin suggests. "I have a portable grill, and we can buy the cheaper cuts of meat. Mum has a bunch of sides in the fridge."

"I think I'll pass," Soobin says.

Jungkook has never been to Jimin's place. In fact, he hasn't been to any other one of his friend's places before. Even with Taehyung, he rarely ever goes to his place-usually, Taehyung will come to him.

"Do you have Smash?" Taehyung asks.

Jimin shakes his head. "I have Mario Kart."

Taehyung clicks his tongue. "Okay, here's the deal." He grabs Soobin. "Me and Soobs are going to go to mine to grab a few things while you and Jungkook can go to the store and buy stuff to eat."

Soobin looks confused. "H-Hey, I never said- "

"That's a great idea! And you can all stay the night!" Jimin grabs Jungkook. "Slumber party!"

"Wait-"

"Hush, Jungkook. We worked hard for this. Just go with it," Jimin says.

💌

"Do your parents know?"

"No." Jungkook

Jimin hums, putting snacks into their trolley. They ended up going through with Jimin's idea-Jungkook had no choice. Besides, he could use a nice lighthearted get together after all the hardships he had to face before the exams.