21

It's been over a week since the closet incident—yes, let's just call it that. Yet, Jungkook still feels the stranger's touch phantom over his body.

"Taehyung."

Shivers tremble down his spine, remembering that moment. Nothing else has happened since. Perhaps Jungkook really dropped the ball when he moanedTaehyung's name. But why? Jungkook has many questions: why did the note-writer up and leave?

Jungkook hasn't paid much attention to Soobin eating his lunch across from him. The table stays silent; only chattering from other tables fills the silence. Jungkook is too busy scrolling through his chat log with the note-writer. Should he send them a message?

Someone taps his shoulder, making him quickly shove his phone into his pocket.

"Gee, you don't have to worry about me prying into your messages," Jimin says, putting his lunch tray on the table.

"You—" Jungkook starts but is interrupted by Soobin choking.

"Sorry," Soobin apologises.

"You don't mind if I sit here?" Jimin asks, sliding next to Jungkook.

"No, not at all," Jungkook says, then looks at Soobin, expecting him to also say the same thing but is looking elsewhere instead.

"Thanks," Jimin says, stretching his fingers before picking up his cutlery. "Where's Taehyung? I thought he sits with you guys?"

Jungkook side eyes Jimin. Weird that Jimin takes notice of small things like that, but yes, it's true and perhaps common knowledge knowing that Taehyung and Jungkook are usually hip to hip. This week, however, not as much—another question Jungkook wants answers to.

"He has drama practice or whatever," Jungkook says.

Jimin raises a brow. "No, we don't."

"We?"

Jimin nods. "It's lunchtime. Why would drama class be rehearsing now?"

"But he told me—"

"Sounds like he's lying to you."

"But Taehyung never lies to me..." Jungkook scratches the back of his head. "Maybe he's with Naeun going over the script."

Jimin laughs. "Yeah, practising the romance scenes, if you know what I mean."

Jungkook frowns. It bothers him—everything bothers him now. Taehyung doesn't even like Naeun that way—he would never do that. Even when they went on those stupid fake dates. Or maybe Jungkook doesn't know Taehyung like he thought he did. His heart hurt when Taehyung offered to help him find the note-writer. He doesn't want it to be anyone else but Taehyung.

Jungkook sends a message to Taehyung asking where he is. He waits, but the reply he gets makes his heart sink further.

Taehyung:

Drama rehearsal

Jungkook:

Are you avoiding me?

"Cheer up," Jimin says, touching Jungkook's back. "Don't overthink it."

Jungkook purses his lips. "Why are you here?"

Jimin scoffs. "You don't want me here?"

"No, that's not what I meant. I mean—"

"I saw an empty spot and decided, hey, we've run into each other more than once now; maybe we should get acquainted properly," Jimin says, moving his hand up to Jungkook's shoulder and squeezing it.