22

Jungkook doesn't know what to do with his new knowledge. His heart has been on overdrive ever since. Right now he's in class, resisting the urge to scream into his pillow. Taehyung didn't stay for video games last night, and Jungkook is completely fine with that-it gives him time to process everything alone. However, things just became even more awkward.

He remembers the moment he asked Taehyung about the notes.

They've changed you

they've made you happier

I try not to think about them

It's all you focus on. I can't help but be jealous.

Jealous?! Says the one who keeps avoiding him for drama rehearsals-Jungkook should be the jealous one. However, imagining Taehyung jealous churns Jungkook's heart. He can make the Kim Taehyung jealous; he didn't even know Taehyung was capable of being jealous because he's perfect in every way.

Jungkook buries his head into his arms, ignoring the teacher who started rambling on about something unrelated to the class.

He feels full with butterflies wanting to escape his stomach. These butterflies are sub-letting without Jungkook's permission and he'll love to evict them as soon as possible.

Jungkook lifts his head from his arms and sees a little folded piece of paper hanging out of one of the pages in his textbook. Was this always here?

He carefully pulls it out and unfolds it. He reads:

Third period, meet me on the rooftop

Jungkook rereads it a few times over before sliding it into his pocket. It's been a while since the last note and Jungkook has so many questions running through his head.

During lunch, he wanders the halls aimlessly instead of heading to the cafeteria. He's contemplating whether or not to go to the rooftop when class starts. You know, the usual thoughts he has whenever stuff like this happens to him. But who's he trying to fool? Jungkook knows he will end up going; he hasn't backed down yet.

"Jungkook."

It's a voice he didn't want to hear right now.

"What is it, Naeun?" Jungkook turns to see a grumpy-looking Naeun.

"I told you to make sure Jimin doesn't audition for Romeo." Naeun gets her phone out, scrolling through what seems to be her camera roll.

"What do you mean? I thought the auditions already happened?" Jungkook frowns. "That's why you guys were rehearsing all the time?"

Naeun rolls her eyes. "Well, yeah. Private rehearsing because I thought he had the role on lock until I found out that you butcher every task I give you."

"E-Excuse me?"

Naeun shoves her phone into Jungkook's face, revealing a photo of him and Jimin kissing.

He can't believe his eyes. How does this exist? "Who took this?"

Naeun takes the phone away before Jungkook can snatch it. He wants the photo gone. "I have my sources," she says. "And nothing is stopping me from leaking this out into the wild."

"You wouldn't."

"Now go fix your mess." Naeun flicks her fingers before strutting away.

Ugh. Another problem Jungkook has to deal with. He did, however, think the whole school already knew about him kissing Jimin, but that was fine for Jungkook. Seeing the picture makes everything so much worse. How would Taehyung react if he saw?

The bell rings.

Jungkook throws those thoughts aside as he has something more important to attend. He's decided that enough is enough. He will find out who the note-writer is. Solve one problem at a time.

💌

Jungkook hesitates at the door of the rooftop, holding a note that was left on the door.

Close your eyes, and don't open them.

The note-writer is risking it all. Does he think Jungkook will resist the urge to look? It would answer so many of Jungkook's questions, which begs the question, why the hell would he not look?

He, however, thinks he should play along. Jungkook will start with his eyes closed and then catch him off guard. He's not accepting blindfolds anymore. Today is the day.

Jungkook closes his eyes and takes a deep breath before pushing the door open. He takes a step and feels a gentle breeze caress his face. "I'm here," he announces.

He takes a few more steps before he bumps into something-or, should he say, someone. He flinches as the note-writer brings Jungkook into an embrace, rubbing circles into his back. Jungkook relaxes into the note-writers body, and they stay like that for a while in silence as Jungkook thinks over and over what to say.

For some reason, the longer he stays in the embrace, the harder it is for him to face reality and open his eyes. He takes a deep breath.

This scent... It's familiar...

Jungkook removes himself from the note-writer and takes two steps back.

It can't be...

His heart feels like it could burst, and his body tingles all over.

Is it really him?

Jungkook opens his eyes.

"Taehyung?"

💌

A.N:

You guys totally saw it coming lmao

Thank you all for waiting 🥺