09| The Journey Begins

The uniform of the demon slayer is made up of a special fabric

The uniform of the demon slayer is made up of a special fabric. It has great permeability and is also resistant agaist moisture and fire.

The claws and teeths of weak demons can't even make a scratch out of it.

And that is what Tanjiro's currently wearing. He's offically a part of the Demon Slayer Corps and you were so proud. You went out of town before departure to buy some clothes flexible and pretty enough for combat.

You tied your hair in (your hairstyle). And seemed super comfortable.

And today the journey begins...

You trail behind your brother helping to look for clues about the demon. You try to reminisce what demon you will be facing later.

'What was it again? Arggh I don't remember...stupid head', you pout softly hitting your head. Both you and Tanjiro look to your side to see a bruised young man wobble his way while walking.

You both glance at him in worry.

"Kazumi-san looks devastated", a woman says to your side. They began to whisper at each other as worries etched on their faces.

"He was right beside Satoko when she suddenly dissapeared"

*sigh*

"It's so unsettling that this happens every night..."

"Yeah, I hate this"

"It's always after nightfall"

Getting the idea the both of you run after the bruised boy from earlier. "Kazumi-san!", he turns around brows furrowing. "We would like to inquire about the specifics of the situation, may I?", Tanjiro spoke first with a serious face.

Kazumi ponders.

He led you to a place. "Satoko was here when she dissapeared. You might not believe me", boy mutters his face was still evident in worry and fear about his fiancee.

"We believe you!", Tanjiro's statement made the boy's eyes widen in disbelief. "You...do?"

"Yeah! Don't worry we'll help you!", you beam as you gently pat his shoulder. Your face changed from happy to a deadpan look when your brother was suddenly on the ground sniffing... like a dog.

'What is wrong with this guy? What is going on?'

Confusion was clearly etched on the boy's face. "Haha...Don't worry just believe in my brother. He's got a good sense of smell", you give him a thumbs up.

After that the three of you began to search for the demon until it was already night making Kazumi doubt you. "I'm thankful for the concern and help and all but...It's gotten late now"

"That's the point. Demons tend to be active at night because they burn under the sun and die", you explained. That's right it was in the middle of the night when that Muzan bitch had decided to attempt and kill your whole family.