34| Sisters Reunite

'Shinobu could be the only person to raise to Kanae's spirit to fight!'

Opening a shadow portal, you step inside and appear by the Insect Hashira's side. Thinking you were a demon she swang her sword to her side and jumped back.

"Y-Y/n-san?", she appeared confused when you suddenly appeared out of nowhere. Both of you were standing at a forest. 'Shinobu-san must be on a mission. Seeing as that demon is disappearing into nothing', your eyes trail down to the demon at your feet.

Walking forward you greet her. "Good evening Shinobu-san, yes you may be surprised but, I have good news that may surprise you. Yet, I need your help with that"

"What do you mean?", she scrunched her brows in confusion. 'This child appeared out of nowhere. . . Anyway, no time to think about that. By her looks it seems urgent'

"Explain"

"I will bring you to see a certain person", you smile calmly. "All you have to do, is reassure her and bring her spirits up to fight the evil within her. And the most important thing is", you advice. Shinobu seemed skeptical by your words.

"But, why me?"

"You'll see, now shall we?", you guide her to a shadow portal. You didn't want to shock her and accidentally have a sharp katana pointed to your neck when you arrive.

Upon arriving, the first thing the woman saw was her.

"Ah. . ."

Words couldn't come out of her mouth and all she could do was stare. Her eyes widened and this time, her calm facade began to crumble once again. Little by little her face crunched to remorse and guilt. Because before her was her sister, her demon sister.

"Nee-san. . . You're. . . Why. . .?", she muttered trying so hard to stop her tears from escaping her eyes. Now, her mind is muddled and lost.

Taking the woman's hands with yours, you stare at her eyes with seriousness and sincerity.

"Shinobu-san, I know this is hard to see and accept. But believe me, there's a way to fix this, Kanae-san isn't completely a demon", her breathe hitched and her heart thumped a thousand times in speed.

'Nee-san isn't a demon? Then what do I see before me? She's not an illusion is she? But Rengoku-san and Tokito-kun clearly said Kanae was a demon. What. . .-'

"Kanae-san can't be considered a demon when another soul was inhabiting her body", Shinobu remained speechless. And you squeezed her hands tighter. "So calm down, I will help you. All you need to do is talk to your sister, help her kick that soul out of her body!", you said with seriousness. Shinobu noticed, you aren't joking. She noticed Tengen's gaze and she made eye contact with the co-hashira. And the man also nodded.

"Listen to her", Tengen was once strongly opposed to  having a suspicious individual such as you to the quarters. Maybe this time, she'll fully accept you for now. Because, it's her sister they're talking about here. If there's a chance. . . She won't let it go!