28| Return

You payed for the room and left with the portal

You payed for the room and left with the portal. You placed Akaza in your personal space with Knox, so he can guard the demon and not let it cause chaos inside. Well you were sure Akaza wants some peace and quiet so you bet he will seclude himself in some parts of the forest.

Coming out of the portal back to the butterfly estate you were ambushed with a hug—by multiple people.

"Oh!"

"Y/n!!", everyone cried in unison. Zenitsu sobbed loudly same with the three girls. Aoi was still crying over your return, she had sent a crow to the Ubuyashiki estate about your return and is waiting for the reply. The weigh on your chest lightened and you smiled in bliss. This was your comfort and your happy place.

Your eyes caught sight of Tanjiro who was staring at you with wide eyes as if in disbelief. You chuckle and opened your arms.

He didn't hesitate to run in your arms. "Y/n!", his arms that wrapped around you tightened every second. His hug that seemed as if he thinks you will disappear once again. "Brother. . .", you returned the hug with tears.

Everyone was touched by the sibling reunion.

"I'm sorry for being away for so long", you say to your brother. His arms still around your back. "Hic! I thought. . . I won't see you again. . . Y/n I was so worried, don't do that again please!", he begged taking hold of your shoulders and stared at you with hurt in his eyes. "Promise me"

You knew you can't guarantee this promise with him, but maybe a little white lie won't hurt. "I promise big brother!"

Nezuko hummed and jumped by your side staring at you in her child form. "Nee-san how are you?", you kneeled down and hugged her. "I missed you", she hummed and hugged you back rubbing her cheeks with yours.

"CAW! CAW! KAMADO Y/N YOUR PRESENCE IS REQUESTED. HEAD TO UBUYASHIKI ESTATE RIGHT AWAY!"

"Right now? But you just came back isn't that too mu-"

"It's alrighty big brother, there are some matters I also want to discuss with Oyakata-sama", Tanjiro looked hesitant to let you go. You just came back, you must have suffered injuries yet you were quick to heal them, as a brother who wouldn't be worried?

࿇ ══━━━━✥◈✥━━━━══ ࿇
-Ubuyashiki Estate-

One of his daughters opened the sliding door for you. "Oyakata-sama, it's great to see you again", you bowed in respect.

"Welcome back child, how are you? Any injuries?", you were touched that he asked about your health first of all. "Everything is alright Oyakata-sama", you respond with a smile.