30| Gridius

"The what now?"

"The what now?"

"That's what the gods have decided to call them. These are vengeful parasites that roam randomly across the other worlds. Apparently there were only 2 cases of their invasion from all universe. Mostly an attack of 200 of them at that time, but it took all power of the assistants from the higher-ups to repel them. The Gods could have helped but they mustn't leave their seats no matter the circumstance. We don't know anything more about it but one thing is for sure, its main goal is to sabatoge the fate of everyone and take over that world"

You get shivers just hearing his explanation. You were getting dizzy by the sudden pouring of information in your head.

"Wait wait, you mean—this could be a possible invasion?"

"Apparantly"

"Seriously?! I haven't even dealt with Muzan and now this Gridius thingy- UGH!", you scream pulling your hair in frustration as you bit your lip. "What are we going to do Knox? The demons are troublesome enough and now those parasites!? Wait- what even are their differences?", a question popped in your head and you couldn't help but ask.

"According to the rumours, they were known for tricking you into thinking they are human to blend in. And when they all have their manpower at its fullest or if they they think that they're ready, they attack", you nod listening carefully. The parasites also disguised as humans/old couple and twins to fool the tourists.

"Should we spread awareness?", you asked the man. "It's best that we do", Knox nodded.

࿇ ══━━━━✥◈✥━━━━══ ࿇
-Butterfly Estate-

"That's terrible. . . It's a good thing you're alright", Tanjiro ace is concern. It truly is terrifying and honestly nerve-wrecking to learn that another evil existence is harbouring possible danger other than demons.

'It's best I don't bring up those human flesh I almost ate. Zenitsu looks like he'll shit his pants any seconds now'

"Don't worry, there is a way for you to identify whether the person you are in contact with is a human or not—check their napes for a black circle mark"

"HIEEEEE!!! NANI?!! WHAT IS WITH THIS GRIDIUS STUFF?! I CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE!! WAHH!!", Zenitsu ended up sprinting away from the room screaming his lungs out.

Earlier, you went back from the mission and immediately sought for the master and explained the situation. Kagaya's calm smile that was always plastered for his children faltered and couldn't speak. Amane and her children were very shocked at the news. You also brought out Knox for further details. In the end, Kagaya called for a meeting with the pillars and set out an order to check every single nape of the hunters within the corps—they must deal with those that have the mark.

The next day all the hunters were called out at a specific estate no matter the rank and age, all girls were told to bring their hair up in a bun.

To your surprise, there were 16 people found with those certain marks. They lured those parasites in a certain place and fought with them. You were called to observe and help with the fight. Indeed, the hashiras were quite at a disadvantage knowing that the parasites harbour mana. You have no choice but to butt in.