14| Pig Assault!

Being alone was like a no for you

"Uuu... Tanjiro! Zenitsu! Shoichi? Teru-", you shrieked when a familiar boar sped past you direction leaving a trail of dust.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!", okay. Your hair is now disheveled from the current event. "I swear that guy's nuts", you're going to shut up about it for now since you will be meeting him later on.

"I wonder if Shoichi and Zenitsu are okay", you pondered worried about the duo who was left alone due to your carelesness. Then your expression turns sad. "Why does Tanjiro have to be like this?"

The truth was Tanjiro actually refused to let you heal him. He said that you were already exhausted from the fight with Susumaru and her companion add to that you have a weak body. He mentioned it was also gonna be a training for pain tolerance.

"Pain tolerance my ass...", you huffed.

Opening another door you widens your eyes in glee. "TERUKO?!", you exclaimed happy to finally meet someone other than corpses in this messed up house.

"Y/n-nee!!"

The captured brother who was scared out of his wits was ready to beat the drum that Tanjiro instructed him to. But suddenly seeing someone that her sister knows he relaxed a little.

"Oh my! Are you okay? Where's my brother?", you looked frantically looked around from left to right.

Teruko responded that they were already in a different room. "I see, so is he your brother?", you point and Teruko nods. The kid looked traumatized. Relaxing your complexion you patted his head. "Don't worry you're safe, now that I'm here!"

"Yeah! Nee-san was really cool earlier!"

You smiled seeing that they eased up a little. 'Inosuke must've already killed the third one, the 2nd should be dead by now... the main demon here should be battling Tanjiro. I want to help considering he has broken bones... but I can't leave them here! And I don't even know where to look!'

You sighed frustrated. "Okay kids are you ready?"

Standing up you brushed off dirts from your clothes and began stretching your limbs after a 5-minute rest.

"H-huh?"

"We can't stay cooped up here you know? We have to get out of here. You said that belonged to the demon right?"

"Huh? Uh...Yes!"

"Considering it hasn't dissapeared means it's still alive. So we have to get out now, it must be suffocating here right?", you smiled so warmly that the boy's chest lightens.

"But what if they...", Teruko sniffled.

You crouched down to pat the crying girl. "I'm here so everything's gonna be okay!"

"Alright! Can you walk?", you were talking about the boy. The girl seemed exhausted so you decided to carry her in your back while the boy tightly gripped the hem of your shirt.