17| Trial

"

"..."

"..."

"He passed out", you slump in relief as you saw how Rui didn't disintegrate. While, Chika was having some errie thoughts. 'Eurghh.. not another brat'. She was glaring daggers at the passed out demon.

You sensed something cold behind your back but when you turned around you only saw Chika with a dumbfounded-innocent face.

"Okie dokie! I just learned this skill so I hope that kid will not get stuck somewhere", you inhaled a deep breath and raised your hand. Then something black swallowed Rui underground. "Did it work?", you sweatdrop.

"What was that?"

"Oh. I was practicing some special move while we were staying at the Wisteria house. Hm, it's not really what you call special. I just practiced to prolong it"

"But I never saw you do something like that? You were just sitting", Chika was confused.

"I automatically wake up in my personal space when I sleep... Oh shit! Now's not really the time for chitchats we need to find my siblings quick!", you screeched pulling the demon by the arm.

You run through the forest trying to find your brother. "There!"

You landed skillfully on the ground and called him out. "Brother!", the girl that was hurt from Rui's attack from earlier was panting. Nezuko was passed out and Tanjiro was full of cuts. 'What happened? Like seriously... was the girl that strong?'

Tanjiro turned around to see his sister safe. "What happened? Did he...?"

"He's fine. I just teleported him somewhere though. I don't know if Knox will take it kindly though"

"I see..."

"So what's the situation?"

"That-...."

"WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?! WHY HAVEN'T HE ALREADY GOTTEN RID OF YOU?!", the demon girl spat.

You just stayed silent and looked up and down inspecting the girl. "U-..ughhh..", then she groaned. Y/n widened her eyes in horror. 'NOT ANOTHER ONE!'

"AGHHHHHHH!!!!!"

Purple marks and veins grew big on the demon's body. The both of you stare in horror at how the girl exploded and its blood splattered in your faces. A hand was on your face and your breathe became ragged.

"N-no..."

Tanjiro hugged you to comfort you.

"I'm sorry..", you clenched your fist on your brother's haori as you bit your lip to prevent yourself from crying. Suddenly, Tanjiro went limp and you began panic.

"Are you okay?!"

"Y-yeah...", he breathed. Suddenly in a gust of wind. You witness someone standing infront of you, it wore a mismatched haori. And it's signature emotionless face was staring down at you.