The US is Alone

Katana finally hooked over into their intercom as the squad's interest peaked. They peered down, "Damn, who fought down there?"

Another soldier elbowed him, "Fuckin' mad man over there." He pointed over to Arrow.

"Fuck, just him?"

Katana finally spoke up, "No, he went in with two others."

The entire unit went silent including the pilots and co-pilots. "Fuck." One finally spoke up, "I assume they didn't make it then."

Katana lowered her head, "No. Both were killed, hell even Arrow barely made it out..."

"Wasn't his wound treated?" One of the other soldiers turned to another.

"Yeah so there has to be someone else alive down there." The other peered down scanning while the favella passed by.

"No... I cleared that area myself. Arrow fuckin' treated himself before he passed out. That's our only guess man."

"Fuck, that's a fuckin' bad ass!" Disciple One turned to Arrow and slapped his boot even though Arrow couldn't feel anything.

Katana just smirked as she looked down at the burning city. Her radio went off, faintly coming out as she could barely hear it.

"Sir, the milita's closing in. Almost two hundred of them, front and back!"

"We're gonna have to fight our way to the L.Z, let's go!"

The two helicopters finally flew over the zone as shots rang out directed to the birds. An RPG flew past Two-One. "Shit that was close!"

"We got a techie about to open up on us!" The troops raised their weapons and began to fire back. Katana eyed the technical that was lining up on Two-One and her eyes widened. However at the last moment, the ground troops had wiped out the technical crew as what appeared to be Roach climbed onto the machine gun and returned fire on the militia that approached him.

Katana turned to Disciple One, "We have to go back, that's our guys down there!"

He simply just shook her head, "We can't. Orders came through. We have a small timeline to make!" He grabbed her arm as she began to protest. "We have an hour left before we get shot down by the Brazilian Air Force and the flight out is over an hour!"

"Wha... what?"

"The US is being invaded and the closest allies are turning their backs on them." The pilot of Two-Two turned his head finally looking over to Katana.

She just turned her head back to the distant firefight, "Ivy..." She shook her head. Disciple One shook her shoulder.

"They'll be alright little sister. If you took on an entire militia and only lost two members of your Task Force, then fuck your boys can push on and get the hell out hopefully." He turned his head back to the front as the birds continued to fly closer to the coast. Katana just nodded and tilted her head up and exhaled. She closed her eyes as she nodded herself off to sleep, the vibrations easing herself to sleep.