Retreat & Final Stand

"All Disciple units, withdraw from Whiskey Hotel." More explosions were heard as all channels began to show some emotions.

"Roger, pulling out of Whiskey Hotel!"

"All units, disperse and retreat to IP Close Arm!"

Arrow pushed himself up against the wall as Lamson shook his shoulder, "Hey we have to move."

Arrow nodded, pushing himself up, rising with his weapon still in hands, "Follow me and stay close behind me!"

Lamson quickly followed behind Arrow as the two began to navigate the tight corridors. The pair continued to move through the White House as many comms went silent.

"Disciple One Actual to all Disciple units. We are evacuating, if you are still inside, godspeed. For the survivors, re-group near the Eisenhower Building and pull back."

"Three copies. I've lost half our men."

"Any survivors from Two and Four"

"All flatlined. Any news from your guys?"

"I only have the two with me. Clear comms and switch to main force."

"Roger switching."

Lamson and Arrow paused, switching their radios as the fateful transmissions echoed.

"Overlord to all units, Evacuation Order April, I repeat, Evacuation Order April! Everyone get the hell outta there!"

Arrow and Lamson both turned to each other as the orders to evacuate were given. The two turned, running and knocking down a door that was somewhat on its hinges. The pair escaped the White House and ran through the courtyard as a few small arm shots sprang out. "Move move!" Arrow shouted as the pair continued to run.

Lamson sprung ahead briefly as three pops rang out, two slamming into the back of Lamson who fell down almost immediately. Arrow stopped to return fire for a brief moment and reached out for the wounded Lamson who weakly attempted to grasp his hand as a round flew out of his weapon and slammed into the back of his head. Arrow turned around and quickly ran. A trench network appeared in front of him as he jumped into the first trenchline he could as bullets impacted right where he would've been running if the trench wasn't there.

"Fuck!"

"We're hit! Mayday mayday, this is Dagger Two-One. We are going down at grid square Papa Bravo 2-"

He winced as he continued to push inside the little bunker that the trenches led to, following the path to the Eisenhower Building. He raised his weapon, clearing the corners as he followed the dark corridor. It was eerily quiet as distant gunfire was heard.

"Dagger Two-One, this is Overlord, do you copy? Over. Dagger Two-One, this is Overlord, how copy? Over."

Arrow continued pushing. 'This Dagger crew sounds important.' He made it to the staircase and raised his weapon up as he continued to push up the stairs.

Katana coughed as she rolled her body over and pushed herself behind cover. "Russian infantry closing quickly, get into cover!" Katana raised his M4 and popped off the first shot. McCord, Sandler, Dunn, Wade, Sean, and Foley also crawled out and resumed fire on advancing Russian forces. Angel searched the ground for a weapon as the Americans began to make their last stand.

"Sandler, target two o'clock!" Dunn shouted.

"Got it!" Sandler dropped the target as Angel joined the fight, holding an M9 pistol secured from one of the deceased pilots.

McCord shouted as he reloaded his M4, "Two mags left!" Angel looked over and turned back to firing on the closing Russians.

"Dunn, talk to me!"

"I'm okay!"

"Watch your flank!" McCord pointed to Dunn.

"Target, eleven o'clock! Range, fifty meters!" Dunn ignored McCord's warning as Katana engaged the targets.

Wade turned to a stunned and wounded Ramirez handing him his M4, "Take this and stay down!" Almost immediately as he finished his sentence, he was shot in the back of the head and fell over dead.

"Wade's down!" Foley shouted as Ramirez began to join the fight. A pair of MIGs flew overhead as an MI-8 began to hover near the crash site as VDV soldiers dropped ropes and began to repel off the aircraft.

Sandler looked to McCord and shouted, "McCord, reloading, cover me!"

"I got you, covering!" McCord shouted.

"I'm out!" Angel shouted and dropped behind cover. She reached for Wade's weapon only to be shot in the hand. She yelped and jumped back into cover.

"Angel's hit!"

"Oh fuck, I'm okay!"

Katana continued to shoot at the advancing Russian troops as the ammo levels soon began to run out.

"Last mag!" Sandler shouted as Foley threw his last mag to Ramirez who ran out.

"Ramirez! Last mag! Make it count! Team, ammo check!"

Sandler replied quickly, "I'm good!"

Dunn kept switching targets, "There's too many of them!"

"Sean! Last mag!" McCord shouted.

"Sandler, sound off!"

"New target, range, eighty meters!"

"Got it, got it!" McCord snapped to the closing Russian and shot him.

"Tracer! Three rounds left!" Dunn popped up from the wall and turned as a shot slammed into his vest, miraculously absorbed by the body armor. Katana grabbed him and dragged him back behind the wall as Foley moved to him. Another helicopter approached, an MI-28.

"Corporal! Hang on!"

Dunn grunted, "Oh shit..."

Foley turned to the rest of the squad and pointed down at the ground as the MI-28 turned on its searchlight, "Defend this position!"