The Fateful Meeting

Katana stumbled to the crash site as a soldier crawled away from the burning wreck. He looked up at Katana and spat at her. She reached down, grabbing the soldier and slit his throat, throwing him down into the sand. She looked up directly at the wreck, spotting a soldier who drew a G18. He pulled the trigger but the pistol was empty. The soldier dropped the pistol and exhaled as Katana reached over. She slid her knife in the side of his head and kicked the soldier to the ground.

Clutter was heard as two figures emerged from the burning helicopter; Arrow and Shepherd. Arrow stumbled and collapsed on the ground as he held his chest, Shepherd turned to him and shook his head running off as Soap spotted the man. Soap chased after him as Katana approached Arrow, she rolled him over as Arrow's blue eyes met her green eyes. He winced as she finally scanned her boyfriend. She opened her mouth but all her emotions overtook her. He leaned back, grunting, he would be here after the confrontation.

Soap meanwhile approached Shepherd who was resting on a rusted destroyed car as Soap flipped his knife around. Shepherd looked up at Soap, "You know what they say about revenge...you better be ready to dig two graves... Go ahead and end it. It won't change anything."

Katana limped over by Soap as Shepherd also taunted her. "Do it..." He chuckled seeing both of them resist. "Hmph. I knew you couldn't do it... You're a good warrior... but you could never take that extra step... to do what was absolutely necessary."

Soap lunged towards Shepherd but Shepherd blocked the knife and headbutted Soap to the ground. Katana charged him and she quickly met the same fate as Shepherd took his own knife out and stabbed Soap in the chest who blacked out. Katana froze as she watched Soap pass out, she turned her gaze to Shepherd. "Why..."

Shepherd pulled his empty magnum and loaded three bullets into the weapon as he eyed her, speaking loudly with anger and hatred. "Five years ago, I lost 30,000 men in the blink of an eye. And the world just fuckin' watched." He continued the deliberate slow reloading. "Tomorrow there will be no shortage of volunteers, no shortage of patriots." He finished loading, cocking the hammer back. "I know you understand." He aimed the revolver at Katana as Katana closed her eyes.

Shepherd pulled the trigger, but just as the bullet moved into the chamber, Arrow dove at Shepherd, knocking him away causing the bullet to shoot into the sand. Katana opened her eyes as she watched her lover kick the gun away towards her and punched the General. The General took the hit and brought his arms into block, charging Arrow, catching him off balance as he was thrown to the ground next to Katana. She attempted to reach for the revolver but Shepherd kicked the gun away and stomped on Katana's face, breaking her nose. She cried out, sending Arrow into a rage as he charged Shepherd yet again, but Shepherd was ready and continued to counter Arrow. He punched Arrow in the mouth as he rolled to the ground with Shepherd jumping onto Arrow, punching him in the face over and over. Arrow went limp as he struggled to remain conscious as Soap's hand twitched.

Katana watched as Soap pulled the knife out of his chest, using both hands spending his last bit of strength. He yanked it out with a grunt, spinning the weapon in his hand. He shouted, "Shepherd!" Shepherd looked up as Soap threw the knife at Shepherd, hitting him in the left eye killing him immediately. Arrow remained motionless for quite some time as Katana weakly pushed herself up. Price came running from the bed, injured from the fall, spotting the group.

"Soap, Soap!" He yelled and immediately rushed over to Soap, attempting to treat his wound.

Katana squatted above Arrow and slapped him a few times, "Arrow, come on! Wake up!" He remained limp as Price finished wrapping Soap's wound. He looked over to Katana and rushed over to her aide looking over at Arrow.

"Come on lad, wake up!" He smacked Arrow's face as Arrow winced and groaned.

He weakly muttered, "I'm... up." He coughed, coughing intensely. A Little Bird was seen overhead, hovering with a soldier on the side. Ivy.

Price helped Arrow to his feet, "You'll hold for now. Come on soldier, get up we're leaving!"

Katana immediately grabbed Arrow as Price ran to Soap, picking him up. Nikolai stepped out of the cockpit to help Soap and Price while Ivy rushed to aid Arrow. "I thought I told you this was a one-way trip!"

"Looks like it still is, they'll be looking for us you know."

Soap almost collapsed as Nikolai reached out, supporting him. "Nikolai, we gotta get Soap out of here."

"Da, I know a place." He grinned as he helped Soap onto the Little Bird. Katana and Ivy supported Arrow onto the helicopter who nodded and buckled himself onto the Little Bird.

"We're all on board!"

"Get us out of here!" The Little Bird took to the air and flew out of the desert as Arrow looked back at his soldiers and former life that was immediately eradicated by the General he had just murdered. He shook his head as he once swore to MacTavish he would protect the team. Of course, he had to protect Katana till his last breath.