The Safehouse

"It's been a tough week, gentlemen. We've lost more than we ever dreamed. But we will recover. I've got a blank check. And we're gonna use every cent of it killin' Makarov. Despite what the world may say, we are not savages, we don't kill civilians. We use precision. There's an evil man hiding in these shadows and we're gonna bring him into the light. Once his face is revealed, we will write history, gentlemen." Shepherd leaned his hands against the table as he eyed the operatives in front of him. Ghost and Roach shifted around, waiting for the next little bit to go through.

"These are the last safe havens left on Earth for Makarov and his men." He pointed to a spot in Afghanistan and in Georgia.

"Sounds like we gotta be in two places at once." The newly rescued Captain Price crossed his arms and looked to Soap as Shepherd looked up at him.

"Impossible?"

Price shook his head, "Not for the One Four One."

"Fifty-fifty chance to take out Makarov, eh? Captain Price, request permission to take the safehouse with Roach." Ghost threw his head towards Roach.

"Granted. Soap and I will take the boneyard in Afghanistan."

Shepherd straightened up, "Very well. We will cut off all avenues of escape. This ends now." He hit the table and left the room after making sure his message was clear.

Price raised an eyebrow looking at the other operatives in the room, "Strange. I coulda sworn we ended this war yesterday." He inhaled and exhaled. "Katana, Soap, Roach, and Ghost remain behind for a moment. Rest of you, gear up and prepare to exfil."

The team filtered out as Katana looked around, she had recently become re-acquainted with the team after the DC mission and her insight was invaluable to how the Russians were fighting. Price looked at her, "I understand what you told us, but why was Arrow in DC?"

Katana lifted her chin as the others took an interest in the conversation. "Shepherd's boys, tasked with defending the White House."

"Yeah well they bloody failed at that." Ghost shook his head.

"The Russians were very determined to wipe us out of our positions." Katana replied, keeping a neutral tone.

"Shepherd's boys..." Price trailed off lost in thought.

Roach spoke finally, "Thinking he can betray us?"

Soap remained silent until Price looked at him, "Soap I've never met Arrow. Is he reliable?" The question was clear. If a betrayal were to happen, who would Arrow side with?

"He is your average patriot. I won't hold my breath but if it were life and death, yes. We are his team - his family after all."

Price nodded, digesting the information. "Then we proceed, we need to catch and fry Makarov before it is definitely too late."

Katana nodded, "I'll go with Roach and Ghost." She straightened out her back.

The two Captains nodded, "Let's get this done, aye?"

Everyone responded with varieties of yes.

Katana shifted and shrugged his shoulders, adjusting the weight of her vest. She looked to her right spotting the two on overwatch; Toad and Archer. She looked back directly in front of her where Knight, Scarecrow, Ozone, and Rocket stood. She looked to her left spotting Flora, Angel, Snow and Ghost. It was all they needed, she inhaled and exhaled as Toad and Archer rolled onto their stomachs.

"Snipers in position."

The mission was to begin.

"Strike team go. Engage Makarov on sight."

Scarecrow looked over, "Roger that."

Ozone nodded his head, "Solid copy."

Ghost motioned for Roach. "Let's go. Let's go."

Roach pushed up with Rocket down the treeline as a Bouncing Betty landmine leapt up in between the front group.

"Ambush!"

Roach immediately dropped to the ground as Rocket was caught in the explosion and died immediately.

Gunfire and RPGs quickly erupted from the nearby cliff. Ghost continued to shout as the team pushed forward, "Targets! Left side! Left side!"

Katana rushed forward with Roach who simply just continued to dodge bullet by bullet. Explosions rocketed the zone.

"They've got this area presighted for mortar fire!"

"Counterattack into the smoke! Push push push!"

The group finally fought their way out of the forest only to hit the road where two UAZs drove down. Katana immediately raised her rifle and fired at the first UAZ, only to find the windows were bulletproof.

"We got two trucks leaving the target building." Archer spoke.

"Really, nice of you to join us." Katana mused out loud as Ghost ran up to her.

"Don't let those trucks get away!" Ghost shouted over the radio.

Archer quickly replied, "Roger! Firing Javelin, danger close!"

Ghost turned to his team, "Javelin, danger close! Get back from the road!"

"Two away!"