The Crow's Nest and Retreat

"All Hunter units, I have a visual on the enemy's crow's nest on the southwest corner. Move forward and clear it out." Katana prepared herself with the rest of the squad as the unit paused for a slight breather as the radio continued to crackle with disheartening information.

"Mystic Two-One, CENTCOM just gave the order to abandon all evac sites to the East of the Potomac! Get your ass out of there!"

"Two-One Alpha, Two-Two Alpha! One of Warpig-Two Victors just took a hit! Repeat, one of Warpig Two's Victors has been hit!" Katana's heart froze, that was definitely Richard's unit.

"Warpig Two! This is Wolverine Two! What's your status over?"

"Wolverine Two, this is Warpig Two-One! We are taking heavy fire along the Potomac, break. Two-Two Echo's Victor is gone. They took a direct hit from a h-" The transmission ended abruptly as Katana lowered her head.

"Fuck!" She muttered to herself as Ramirez looked over, he moved in and whispered to her as the unit got ready for the final push.

"Hey it's okay. I-I'm sure they're okay." He slapped her shoulder with slight reassuring confidence. She turned, looking at him and smiled slightly. Despite a friend passing, she had a mission to do which was time now. She could mourn later.

"Now!" Three frags were thrown into the room which detonated in rapid succession. The survivors were quickly gunned down as the squad pushed into the room.

"Overlord, this is Hunter Two-One Actual. We have secured the enemy's crow's nest on the southwest corner."

"Overlord copies all. The evac site at the Washington Monument reports several transports away, but they are still vulnerable. Can you provide support from your position, over?"

"Roger that! We're sittin' on a stockpile of enemy munitions! We'll dig in and burn through their ammo! Out! Ramirez, get on that sniper rifle! Scan for targets to the south of the Washington Monument!"

Ramirez hopped down and climbed onto the M82 Barrett and started to lock onto

"All callsigns on this net, this is the Washington Monument Evac Site! We're holding our own but have glassed enemies to the west and are taking fire from that direction!"

Ramirez settled on the troops that were running on the road with the Javelins that were firing on the Washington Evac Site, popping off at least six shots.

"Hunter Two-One, be advised, you have enemy foot mobiles converging on your position...stay frosty."

Katana whipped around, immediately covering the way the group entered and spotted red uniforms rushing up to their location. She aimed up with her M4, steadying on the first soldier squeezing the trigger.

"Hostiles in the perimeter! Open fire! Open fire!" Dunn shouted as he joined in the fighting.

"Taking fire! Taking fire! Foot mobiles in the perimeter!" Another soldier shouted further onwards as the group briefly repelled the first wave.

"Hunter Two-One, recommend you clear outta there. I see a mass of foot-mobiles converging on your position!"

"Negative, negative! I have eyes on enemy armor and helicopters advancing on the evac site from the south and southwest!"

The squad quickly grabbed Javelins that were laying around and opened fire on the MI-28s and BTRs that dared to challenge the Evac Site. Katana continued to keep her gaze to the rear as the radio continued to crackle.

"Hunter Two-One, you've bought the evac site valuable time! Well done! Now get your ass to the roof ASAP, you are in danger of being overrun!"

"Roger that, we're headed to the rooftops! Everyone, move out! Get to the roof and RV with the SEAL Team! Move!" Ramirez pushed off his little perch and took point as Katana held on to the rear. Gunfire continued to echo throughout the building as the escaping squad attempted to push to the rooftop.

"We just lost Atlas Two-Three from Triple A from the Capitol Building! Get those civvies back in their seats!"

Angel and Katana both rushed up the final set of stairs as the radio continued to crackle.

"I've got a major hydraulic leak! We're barely gonna make it over the MSR! We gotta touch down! We gotta la-"

"Hunter, this is Dagger Two-One. We are in position at the LZ on the rooftop, what's your status?"

"We're on our way. Hostiles following close behind!" Foley finally reached the roof where two SEALs stood in covering positions, "Ramirez, get on the minigun!"

"They're on my ass!" Katana shouted as she ran past the crouching SEAL who provided brief covering fire before succumbing to Russian bullets. She sprinted, almost tripping before Dunn caught her last second.

"Come on, we're leaving!" He pulled her directly onto the Blackhawk as Ramirez began to spin up his minigun, aiming at where the Russians finally started to peak from. Dunn shouted, "We're all on!"