The Air Cover

The helicopter began to pull up, leaving the covering SEAL behind who was determined to make sure the Rangers made it out. As the Blackhawk began to pull up, an MI-28 pulled up over the building lining up its rockets to fire. The Russian helicopter fired but the crew miscalculated and the rockets flew too high as the last SEAL grabbed a nearby Stinger and fired on the MI-28, hitting the helicopter. The Russian attack helicopter spiraled out of control as Russians finally seized the rooftop and shot the last SEAL taking the man down.

"Overlord, we've linked up with the SEALs on the rooftop and are heading out. Interrogative - has the Washington Monument site been evacuated, over?"

"Negative, Two-One! They're still pinned down by infantry and light armor from the World War Two Memorial. Doesn't look good from here, over!"

"Copy Overlord, we'll do what we can from the air, out!"

A rocket streaked from the air and slammed straight down into an M1A2 Abrams, destroying the tank in a giant inferno.

"First wave of civilian transports are delayed. Reaper Two, proceed with second-stage evacuation. Authorized personnel only."

The flight continued to fly around the Washington Evac Site towards the World War 2 Memorial however radar warnings went off. "Dagger Two, SAM launch! Break left break left!"

The missiles streaked through the air, striking one of the Little Birds that were accompanying the Blackhawk. "Overlord, Dagger Two-Two is hit and going down!"

The flight continued their path around the memorial as Ramirez opened up with the minigun striking the infantry that were out in the open. Katana and the others sat back in the seats watching Ramirez shred the Russsian infantry.

"RPG teams at the World War 2 memorial, pull that trigger till they don't get up." The pilot spoke as Ramirez started to focus on a BTR that exploded next to a fuel truck.

"Atlas Two-Three, Two-Four, and Two-Five are all away. Ground units at LZ four, fall back now."

"Enemy gunship lifting off twelve o'clock, War Memorial." Ramirez immediately locked onto the enemy helicopter and began to fire the rounds into the cockpit, shredding the pilots as a red mist covered both canopies. The Havoc spun out of control and crashed into the ground on the nearby forces that scrambled to escape.

"This is Atlas Two-Five at LZ one! Engines at thirty percent! We can't carry any more people! We're gonna have to leave some of them behind!"

"Dagger Two, the Washington Monument is taking fire from the main road!" The Blackhawk shifted to the main road where Ramirez continued to obliterate anything that moved below.

"Overlord to all units, Evacuation Order April, I repeat, Evacuation Order April! Everyone get the hell outta there!" Everyone snapped glances at each other as the order to evacuate DC was given. A feeling of dread and despair set over the soldiers and was immediately put behind them as escaping was on the priority.

"Get your men on that transport now! We are leaving!"

"This is Atlas One-One, civilian transport going down two clicks West of Dupont Circle! We are-"

Another barrage of missiles were launched as the pilots immediately scrambled, "Incoming, incoming!"

A missile slammed into the tail rotor of Dagger Two-One, and struck the last remaining Little Bird sending it tumbling into the ground.

"Overlord, we're hit, but still in the air. We've got a massive SAM battery at the Department of Justice, we're going in!" Foley shouted as the Blackhawk continued to struggle closer to the building.

The pilot turned his head, looking at Foley, "We're losing attitude control!"

"Take us up! If we're going down, we're takin' those SAM sites with us!"

The pilot turned back yanking the stick up as best as possible as Ramirez continued to spray everything. Katana held on tightly as her eyes widened in terror spotting the entire missile battery that laid beneath them.

"SAM launch! Hang on!" The pilot shouted. A second later a thunderous explosion rocked and shook the helicopter back and forth. The bird then quickly began to spin out of control, Katana gripped on with all her might, scared to the bone for once.

"We're hit! Mayday mayday, this is Dagger Two-One. We are going down at grid square Papa Bravo 2-" The transmission cut off as the helicopter smacked hard into the ground.