Site Hotel Bravo

Katana sat hunched over on a bench as the crew had landed in Afghanistan yet again. MacTavish crossed his arms as Price sat down on a nearby chair, staring out at the countryside.

"We've got one good UMP. They've got a thousand. We don't even know if Makarov's intel is any good. Price...Price?" He turned his head over to Price as Price turned around to face Katana and MacTavish.

"The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is its last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury. Not a curse" Immediately both Katana and Soap looked at each other, "To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom. Good time to take... inventory." Price stood up and turned to the two of them as he continued with his speech. "Outgunned. Outnumbered. Out of our minds. On a suicide mission." He pointed to the nearby ridgeline as his words flowed from his mouth. "But the sand and rocks here, stained with thousands of years of warfare... They will remember us. For this." He pointed to their weapon pile with which the group had briefly gathered up. "Because out of our vast array of nightmares, this is the one we choose for ourselves. We go forward like a breath exhaled from the Earth."

Katana and Soap both looked at each other as Price approached the two, standing less than a foot away from the two. "With vigor in our hearts and one goal in sight: We. Will. Kill him."

Soap straightened his shoulders, "I'm in."

Price turned to Katana, "Are you?"

Katana looked at Soap and then Price. "This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost." She looked to the sky, making sure she was being recorded by satellites. "Shepherd will be a hero. 'Cause all you need to change the world is one good lie and a river of blood. He's about to complete the greatest trick a liar ever played on history. His truth will be the truth. But only if he lives, and we die."

"Then let's gather and prepare." Price motioned everyone to the table.

A few hours later, the three lay spiraled out on the desert terrain as Nikolai's voice crackled over the radio. "I'll wait for you at the exfil point. Three hours."

Price replied to Nikolai, "Don't bother. This was a one-way flight, mate."

"Then good luck my friend. Slava Bogu." The radio transmission ended.

"Move out." Price spoke as he crawled out of his desert camo liner. Soap and Katana soon followed through. "Soap, Katana, I'm picking up a thermal spike up ahead. The cave must be somewhere over the edge." Katana peaked over the edge, looking at the Shadow Company patrol behind.

"Hold up. Enemy patrol. Hold your fire. Looks like Makarov's intel was solid. This is it." She looked over to Price who nodded.

Price continued to monitor the patrol in front of him as he held out his fist slightly for the other two to see as the patrol split into their groups. "Good, they're splitting up. Let them separate. This decryption code better be worth the price we paid..." He rolled over, turning his radio onto their frequencies. Katana and Soap both followed suit.

"Go ahead, Alpha." A voice, Oxide, spoke over the radio.

"Riverbed all clear, over." Katana recognized his voice, that was Royerick.

Oxide asked again, "Bravo?"

Disciple Two responded, "Sandstorm. Not much to see right now, over."

"Zulu?"

Disciple Four all turned to look at each other, shrugging as one spoke over the radio. "Uh, we're starting our patrol east along the canyon. North-side access road, over."