We can't hold the White House sir

Arrow sat back in a corner as the battle continued to roar ferociously, his unit was tasked with holding the White House and had already beaten off four vicious assaults. Disciple Group was indeed thrown into the toughest battles as the bulwark of American troops. So far his unit had lost four men total against the hundreds of VDV soldiers they had massacred in the open fields, not even an air assault on the White House could force Shadow Company out of their locked down area.

"Arrow, get some rest." Royerick spoke up as he flung his cigarette from his hand.

Arrow continued to stare out as he watched American forces get beaten back. He nodded, pulling back from the window. He unbuckled his helmet and slid the helmet off. Another soldier moved to take his position. He moved, sitting down next to Royerick who was propped up on a desk.

"Did good today Arrow, told you you'd be a good fit."

He just nodded in response, too tired to speak. Royerick stretched out groaning. "So, whatever happened to that girlfriend of yours?"

"Huh?"

"Getting your mind off the current mess."

"Oh. We're... fine. She's also somewhere in this mess, she's refusing to leave." He didn't want to give anymore than just that without revealing any sensitive information that could be used against him. Truthfully he was worried sick, he knew she was a soldier but this battle was different. Russians were slaughtering anyone who weren't in the same uniform; regardless if military or civilian.

"Well she's a strong one, she'll live." Royerick chuckled.

A soldier came walking up to Royerick, "Hey boss, Golden Eagle is holding a meeting. Oxide wants you directly in it."

Royerick rolled his eyes, "Aight aight... I'll get up and moving." He pushed himself off of the table with the table he began to lean on a few moments ago. "Arrow, on me. You're coming to this thing."

Arrow shook his head, knowing better than to argue. He pushed himself up from his seated position and rolled his shoulders following his CO. "Why me?"

"You're the closest person I could find, besides not to mention my second."

Arrow shook his head as the two stepped into the communications center they had briefly established. "Disciple One Actual present along with One-Two."

It was a conference call which was through video feed as Shepherd looked up from his command bunker, "Gentlemen, good to see you're alive. I wish I could be in DC right now, however the SECDEF asked for me to accompany him to safer locations."

"Shit happens sir." Royerick stood at their At Ease position which had their hands clasped behind their back and feet spaced apart.

"Well Royerick, Arrow." Shepherd nodded to Arrow, "How is the battle currently raging right now?"

"Four KIA sir, seventeen wounded. They threw four waves at us and more forces are posed to strike whenever their orders are given sir."

"With the essential staff evacuated, we do have room to maneuver around. These soldiers do have an understanding of urban warfare and their attempts have never been the same before." Arrow replied after Royerick.

"Are we able to hold the White House boys?" Arrow and Royerick looked at each other, Arrow slightly shook his head. "Elaborate Arrow."

"Sir, with all due respect, if a squad of Russians get inside; we're all in trouble. It is a tight corridor and an earlier air assault breach is what caused those high casualty numbers."

"Royerick, what do you propose?"

"I agree with Arrow sir, however I do also tend to incline we have to hold the Russians here. Are there any other units that could support us sir?"

"Unfortunately not, the rest of the unit is back at Site Hotel Bravo. We cannot risk revealing ourselves to the public as sudden elite soldiers. You know we like operating under secrecy."

"Understood sir. Then at the way it stands sir, if the Russians find a way to breach inside we will lose the White House. Allied forces are already under extreme pressure and are taking heavy losses."

"What about Hunter Two-One?"

"Already tasked out sir, they're to retake the Department of Commerce here in roughly twenty minutes."

He inhaled and exhaled, nodding looking at the two men. "If the situation becomes unobtainable, you are to pull back. Until then you are to remain and hold the White House."

"Any evac routes or plans General?"

"Come up with them as you go son. Shepherd out." The screen turned black as Arrow exhaled, turning his head to the ceiling.

"Why am I not surprised?" Royerick turned to Arrow with a gaze of questioning to elaborate further. "We're left on our own to handle a mess that we will not be able to succeed in." Arrow stretched out, attempting to release tension in his arms.

"I know the feeling but the mission comes first. If we have to hold this line then by god damn we're holding this line." He reached for his helmet, "I'm going back to take the watch. Russians will be back soo-"

An explosion rocked the White House as glass flew from what untouched windows were left. Arrow dropped as the radio erupted, "Incoming contacts, far end of the Eastern field!"