Chapter Fifteen✨

It's an eerie feeling, Lisa would like to acknowledge

It's an eerie feeling, Lisa would like to acknowledge. Having to sit in the somber waiting hall with the rest of the Park family isn't scary at all but the feeling of not knowing what's happening within the room that has Rosie lying unconscious in it does.

Taking another deep breath, she stands up, pacing back and forth and totally ignoring the way Clare Park narrows her eyes at her sim figure. "You were supposed to make sure she was fine!" the hospital director argues as she stands up facing Lis, her long and pale finger shoves Lisa's chest eagerly and angrily. "And now look at her, the whole damn gala is ruined!"

"The nerve of you to say anything about the ruined gala" Lisa scowls. "With all due respect, Rosie is inside the ER room and the only thing that should have crossed your mind right here and now is just her. But you of course have never failed to amaze me. You actually cared about the gala more than about your own daughter's well - being"

"Do not put words that aren't there inside my mouth" the older Park says aggressively as fire ignites in her eyes. "You don't know me" she says as a matter of fact and Lisa decides to laugh sarcastically in her face. "I don't have to know you to realise what type of a person you are"

"Enough" Taehyung takes his mother's side as he stands next to her. "You can't speak things like that to my mother, Manoban. Remember your place"

If anything, his threat only makes Lisa bites her lower lip as a smile tries hard to spread all over her face. She shakes her head twice before folding her strong arms to her chest. "Well, says the black sheep of the family. How about you remembering your goddamn place before asking me to remember mine?"

Her comment obviously doesn't sit well with Taehyung. Before any of the Park can register, the tall man launches himself forward as to haul Lisa in his arms and kicks her ass for spitting such a damn venomous statement.

But Lisa isn't going to play the good guy, calm person type of card so she immediately lowers her upper body, clearly avoiding from taking the blow and comes back with a powerful punch of her own when her fists collided with Rosie's elder brother's jaw. Just one blow and Taehyung falls to the ground, his hands cupping his jaw that starts to undoubtedly bruise.

"Oh my god, Jisoo , hold your big brother!!! Mason, hold Lisa or they are going to fight until one of them are dead or unconscious"

Clare says as she eyes both figures with worried eyes. Mason and Jisoo come to the rescue with each of them pulling Taehyung and Lisa apart. "Oh, fuck you Manoban"

"No, what's better is you go fuck your own self, stupid son of a bitch!"

"Dammit, can you guys just calm the fuck down and stop cursing"
Jennie yells as she stares at both Taehyung and Lisa who are still struggling to kick each other's asses. Half a second later, Mina walks out of the ER in her scrubs. "Lisa?" she calls, searching for the owner of the name. "Lisa Manoban?" She elaborates further and Lisa raises her hand in the air as she walks past the Park family. "Well, I need you inside now"

She points her thumb backwards at the direction of the ER room where Rosie is treated but before she can go, Clare voices her discomfort. "What do you mean by calling her?" she crosses her arms. "Lisa is not a family. We are" she points to herself and the rest of the Park family. "You should call one of us or just me but not this asshole"

"Well, I'm sorry ma'am" Mina apologises. "But Ms. Park has specifically requested for Ms. Manoban to come in..."

"Nonsense! Just tell her mama is outside waiting for her. She'd request for me to go in"

"I'm sorry" Mina says again as she tugs Lisa by her arm. "Let's go,  Ms. Manoban"

🌝🌝🌝

When she walks into the room, she sees Rosie sits on the bed with disheveled hair. But still, she looks beyond gorgeous like always. "Hey" her voice is sultry as she opens her arms, beckoning for Lisa to fit into her arms.

"Dammit, Rosie"

Lisa groans as she ducks herself to hug the latter. "You made me worried"

"I'm sorry" Rosie chuckles tiredly. "Did I ruin the gala anyway?"

"I don't care" Lisa says, her voice vibrates against the bare skin of Rosie's shoulder. "I was nervous about you. Hope all is fine, yeah?"

"Everything is fine" the CEO sighs again as she grabs Lisa's hand and slowly but gently rests the hand against the surface of her stomach. Lisa stares at her weirdly. "You're hungry?"

"Not that, idiot" the blonde hair beauty laughs. "Like I said, everything is fine. It's just the little donut here worn me out a little. But the doctor says I should be fine after a day or two"

Rosie begins to speak again and again about something else but Lisa couldn't understand a thing after her previous statement. "Wait" she bites her lower lip. "What do you mean?"

"It means she's pregnant" Mina clarifies. "It's five weeks if you wanna know" she adds.

Pregnant?

Lisa feels herself turns dizzy at the mentioned of such word.

"Please don't be that cliché" Rosie begs with furrowed eyebrows. "I don't need you collapsed after Mina told you that I'm expecting "

"I think I need water"

Lisa breathes out as she sits down. Mina nods and excuses herself to get a bottle of fresh water before returning back with a huge grin. "You're funny" she adds as Lisa sips the water down her throat. "Oh yeah? Try get someone pregnant and I'd like to see your reaction after you found out about that"

"You don't have to be so sour" Rosie says as she looks at Lisa. "I can't wait to see you babysit my baby, Lisa. It'd be hilarious"

"Your baby?"

Lisa asks and her best friend nods. "That's what it has always been, right?"

Lisa hears something within her breaks. But she doesn't know what. A pain is what she feels but she can't point where. "Yeah" she says with a heavy heart. "You're right"

"About your parents" Mina says as she peeks through the small window. "Should I go and tell them too?"

"About the pregnancy?" Rosie asks. "No, please don't. Make something up"

"Alright" she takes a deep breath before walking out of the room to greet the Park family, especially Clare who is at the verge or getting really mad over the fact that her daughter needs Lisa than her own presence.

"Lisa?" the ceo asks quietly.
"Hmm?"
"Thank you for giving me the baby"

It takes Lisa a moment to nod. She says nothing afterwards.

🌝🌝🌝

How is it goin?